YMCA bans grandma after she demanded transgender staff member leave women's locker room

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Paganprincess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:00 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:50 am No… I haven’t. That’s creepy and a red flag unless these are like toddlers. I have three kids that have done plenty of classes At gyms, ymcas, sports ect. And no one has ever followed them inside of the bathrooms when they’re going. Not me as a parent, not any of the coaches or instructors, no one.

By the article it sounded like the girl needed help with her bathing suit. I think the Y could solve this problem like the boy scouts do. That is, no one adult can be with the children at any time. The adults have to be in pairs or be in view of others. I’ve seen an adult will tie or unhook something a child can’t reach on their clothes though . Again, having two adults present would solve some problems.
Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:44 am

You've never taken a group of kids to the bathroom and stood on the outside of the stalls and made sure everyone got to use the bathroom and wash their hands? We can assume that this person was the swim instructor for a class and was probably responsible for them during class time. So it's not unusual for her to stand in the locker room and make sure everyone is good to go.
That's how girl scouts do it too. Even go as far as saying the 2 adults can't be related. Like a grand mother and mother can't be the only leaders of their dd/gdd troop they would always have to have a 3rd person, at everything including meetings. And it's even more strict when it comes to outings
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:04 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:50 am No… I haven’t. That’s creepy and a red flag unless these are like toddlers. I have three kids that have done plenty of classes At gyms, ymcas, sports ect. And no one has ever followed them inside of the bathrooms when they’re going. Not me as a parent, not any of the coaches or instructors, no one.

By the article it sounded like the girl needed help with her bathing suit. I think the Y could solve this problem like the boy scouts do. That is, no one adult can be with the children at any time. The adults have to be in pairs or be in view of others. I’ve seen an adult will tie or unhook something a child can’t reach on their clothes though . Again, having two adults present would solve some problems.
That's how girl scouts do it too. Even go as far as saying the 2 adults can't be related. Like a grand mother and mother can't be the only leaders of their dd/gdd troop they would always have to have a 3rd person, at everything including meetings. And it's even more strict when it comes to outings
Yeah… and they made all these rules because kids were getting molested left and right by the scouts.
There’s no reason to watch kids going to the bathroom, flushing or washing their hands.

Just ask them when they get out if they washed their hands…
Paganprincess
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:09 am
Yeah… and they made all these rules because kids were getting molested left and right by the scouts.
There’s no reason to watch kids going to the bathroom, flushing or washing their hands.

Nothing creepy about standing in the bathroom. No one is watching them actually use the bathroom or flush. And depending on age they might still need help with certain things.

Girl scouts don't have the molestation issue boy scouts did.

You still failed to answer my question... Do you think it's creepy when teachers of young kids do the same?
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Another component of bathroom supervision is making sure everyone gets in and out in a timely manner. Ensuring 15+ hyped up kids are doing what they need to do in the 5-7 time limit without horse playing takes quite a bit of adult supervision. However, I do agree with the two adult rule. Every camp I’ve worked for had two counselors assigned to each group, but I know of camps that do not.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

My kids were about 6 before I let them use a public restroom alone but I was admittedly a bit of a hoverer.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Deleted User 2053 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:54 pm There is absolutely no respect for our elders anymore. The woman did nothing wrong in my opinion and I hope that most people side with the elderly lady in this situation. If people want to be "transgender", that is their personal prerogative and right to do so. It crosses the line when it is pushed on other people, or more accurate forced on people. This crap is getting out of control. And whomever wants to argue with me over my opinions on this matter, well they can just pass me by, because I won't engage in arguing with anyone here.
Are you also against being educated?
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

It appears that this was the final straw for this YWCA as the woman had made other comments about different things.

She didn't go about her concerns in the right way, from the sound of it. She's seen 8 decades of life, wars, and social changes.

Don't expect someone her age to accept all of those changes or to become "woke." DO ask that they conduct themselves without being a bully and rude.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Pixieprincess wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:14 am

Nothing creepy about standing in the bathroom. No one is watching them actually use the bathroom or flush. And depending on age they might still need help with certain things.

Girl scouts don't have the molestation issue boy scouts did.

You still failed to answer my question... Do you think it's creepy when teachers of young kids do the same?
Lol, you need to ask me a question before I can fail to answer it…

I think it’s creepy either way. Man, Woman, Non-Binary… whatever. I see no reason to go into the bathroom with a bunch of kids. By the time they’re in kindergarten, they can go themselves…
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There might be occasion where an adult may have to help a child. Hell I nearly panicked once because I was alone and couldn’t get out of a damned wetsuit. I had to somehow jam the back of it on my bed frame to pull it off. Now a bathing suit isn’t the same. But I could see a girl getting her suit ties into a knot and needing it undone. It’s happened to me. Again, two adult supervision would solve any accusations. But apparently the Y doesn’t have that rule. So it’s whatever. But Grandma assumed a lot here. People assume I’m a male when they talk to me on the phone. But I’m not.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:34 am

There might be occasion where an adult may have to help a child. Hell I nearly panicked once because I was alone and couldn’t get out of a damned wetsuit. I had to somehow jam the back of it on my bed frame to pull it off. Now a bathing suit isn’t the same. But I could see a girl getting her suit ties into a knot and needing it undone. It’s happened to me. Again, two adult supervision would solve any accusations. But apparently the Y doesn’t have that rule. So it’s whatever. But Grandma assumed a lot here. People assume I’m a male when they talk to me on the phone. But I’m not.

If they need help , they must be under like five years old.

How old are these girls in the article?
Locked Previous topicNext topic