Is the Cracker Barrel menu getting 'woke'? Meat eaters rage on Facebook over addition of Impossible sausage

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

10% of the population in US is vegan or vegetarian so smart move on Cracker Barrel's part. I'm surprised they didn't have vegetarian options before and I can't believe people are complaining about a vegetarian option being on the menu! Why? Is it some kind of worry from meat eaters that they will be "cancelled"?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:50 pm Also, "woke" has become an absolutely meaningless word.
I had to look it up in the slang dictionary because I apparently live under a rock.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My 81 year old brother quit eating anything that comes from animals. No cheese, not milk no eggs etc... his drs orders. Hes lost 80 lbs, blood pressure down, cholesterol levels normal and has more stamina than a lot of people half his age.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pretty much every restaurant nowadays has a vegetarian or vegan option.
Even Gordon Ramsay, who was critical of vegans in the past now has the impossible burger in his restaurants.
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:41 pm 10% of the population in US is vegan or vegetarian so smart move on Cracker Barrel's part. I'm surprised they didn't have vegetarian options before and I can't believe people are complaining about a vegetarian option being on the menu! Why? Is it some kind of worry from meat eaters that they will be "cancelled"?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

With vegetarianism on the rise, it should not be a surprise. Don’t know what woke has to do with this.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Just like the label of "Karen," I hope citing the word "woke" eventually becomes a saying that will be on a the list of popular trends for the 2020's that are long buried.

I see nothing wrong with the sausage and I will try it if I get the chance.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That’s some pretty “snowflake”-y behavior to me. 🙄
(Yet another phrase I’m done with, just think it’s ironic)
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:50 pm Also, "woke" has become an absolutely meaningless word.
I’m so over it. As far as the impossible meat I kinda like it. If Cracker Barrel offered it I’d eat it. They probably want to appeal to vegetarians and vegans. My brother is vegetarian so now he can go there. Burger King and Chili’s already have it too. I don’t see the outrage. Don’t like it don’t order it.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They aren't replacing regular meat, they're offering a new option. I think the problem for most of those comments was the inability to read and comprehend.

My daughter's vegetarian and there are places we don't order from or go to eat at because they have no food options for her. I'm not grabbing fast food at a place that can only provide her with french fries or a crappy bowl of iceberg lettuce with a sprinkling of other vegetables as a food option. If a place offers vegetarian options then my family of 6 will go there. As more and more people become vegetarian it makes financial sense for a restaurant to offer vegetarian/vegan options. You don't just lose the vegetarian as a customer, you lose the entire group of customers.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

First, I can’t stand the food at Cracker Barrel. It’s pretty bland and flavorless to me so this has zero impact on my life. Second, I just checked and it’s in addition to, I think it’s a ridiculous thing to get upset over. Don’t want it, don’t order it. Not that hard. The list of other breakfast meat options is pretty extensive: bacon, smoked sausage, 2 different hams, hamburger steak, steak, country fried steak, 3 different chicken opinions plus chicken sausage links in addition to the impossible sausage option. Such a silly thing to get ones undies in a twist over.
Locked Previous topicNext topic