Why are some breastfeeders so entitled?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My twins are in the NICU. They were born at 28 weeks. They are doing better and better every day.

I missed my visit with them this morning because some woman was causing a scene with security. The NICU has to sign you in every time you visit. They check that you are okay to see the babies, check your temperature, have you fill out information about any covid exposure or symptoms. The rules are very strict and they include no children under the age of 16.

When I showed up the woman was raising her voice. She was talking about how her baby was breast fed and she had every right to do that wherever she wanted. I had assumed she meant a baby in the NICU but then I noticed she was wearing a maybe one year old baby. She wanted to bring the kid in with her so she could see her other baby and breastfeed. She ended up walking off. Security said there was not going to be more visitors allowed at that time and to come back later. Unfortunately that won't be until after work.

Look I am all for breastfeeding. I've been working my ass off to pump so I have some breast milk for my babies but it doesn't make you above the rules. The rules are there to protect the babies in the NICU. I follow all the rules so I can see my babies. My older kids haven't even met them yet which is sad but those are the rules.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

There's entitled people in every walk of life. She could have brought a friend or babysitter to stay with her child in the waiting room then went there to nurse her child.
There was a mom posting on the local page the other day mad because she can't find an employer that will let her bring her infant to work with her and she thinks she's entitled to because she breastfeeds. Of course they won't talk about a distraction! She got a lot of comments to work in a childcare center because that's the only place that will accommodate that.
I hope your twins are healthy and ready to come home soon!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Even if her baby wasn't breastfed I'm guessing she'd have still tried to bring him. One year olds are fully capable of going without nursing for a bit.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

What do you mean missed your visit?
Why didn’t you just go in after her issue was dealt with?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:53 pm What do you mean missed your visit?
Why didn’t you just go in after her issue was dealt with?
Security shut down further visits that day. OP was behind this one.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

That's odd that they would deny other families to visit and I'd be asking for that man's boss
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I think that NICUs should allow parents to visit around the clock and siblings should be allowed too. Our NICU allowed it when I had my son but I guess that's not the norm.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:51 pm I think that NICUs should allow parents to visit around the clock and siblings should be allowed too. Our NICU allowed it when I had my son but I guess that's not the norm.
It has not been the norm since covid.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I really hope your babies are healthy enough to come home very very soon!!

I agree with a previous poster, there are entitled people everywhere and for everything. I wouldn’t target just a specific ‘group’ (breast feeders in this instance) but definitely that lady is.
Locked Previous topicNext topic