Is this offensive? The Wandering Jew.

Anonymous 7

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:08 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:20 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:41 am Everything is offensive these days so why not? Or even better how about we just get over it and move on with our lives instead of being crybabies?
Who is crying? Who has stopped living their life?

The OP asked if people were familiar with this nickname and their thoughts about it. I see nothing wrong with asking a question, or sharing an observation, and getting feedback.
All sorts of people are crying things are offensive and insisting they change. Like it can no longer be called a master bedroom. I'm just over it. Everything is going to offend someone so maybe people should just stop being so sensitive to every little thing.
OMG girl, I am over these sick games as well that the crazies in our country are doing to our country with their constant whining like little babies over everything that they find offensive. The sad part of it all girl, America is gone. There are too many wierdo's and troublemakers in this country to even further save it anymore. Everybody is out to get someone, and it's beyond sickening. But you know what? eventually what those troublemakers don't understand, that try to destroy another person, or business, just because something offensive was said (that is really no one else's personal business in the first place), is that those that destroy another person out of pure vindictiveness, they will get theirs in return one day. We all have to answer to God someday, no getting around that either. When certain people aka the troublemakers realize in society they can't control another person, (as they think they can), they will eventually shut the **** up. I just wanted to respond to you in support of what you had to say here. It's refreshing to know that there still are individuals like us who are able to think and see straight, and use our heads vs our emotions, as life is about using logic and not about feelings ;)
Anonymous 7

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:58 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:58 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:00 amCancel that too.
Sigh! Are you serious? Enough of this cancel culture crap. I personally am sick and tired of everything being offensive to the left!! We don't need to cancel every F***ing thing in this country just because someone gets their feelers hurt. Just like every other leftist agenda, their cancel culture agenda is out of control and as an American who still loves this country (especially what this country once was), it saddens me to see the eagerness from many on the left to destroy anyone who offends them or crosses them the wrong way. Ladies let me know if you agree with me?
Couldn't have said it better. Everyone's offended by something. We don't need to continue to make a big deal of everything. It's exhausting already.
Thank you for the compliment. I appreciate that very much. I really do. I mean every single day there is someone whining or crying like a baby about something. You would think that we are surrounded by a bunch of toddlers in this country, lol. But the problem is the people whining aren't toddlers, they are grown adults, and that is what is so scary and disturbing about it all, sigh! ykim though?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:08 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:08 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:20 pm

Who is crying? Who has stopped living their life?

The OP asked if people were familiar with this nickname and their thoughts about it. I see nothing wrong with asking a question, or sharing an observation, and getting feedback.
All sorts of people are crying things are offensive and insisting they change. Like it can no longer be called a master bedroom. I'm just over it. Everything is going to offend someone so maybe people should just stop being so sensitive to every little thing.
OMG girl, I am over these sick games as well that the crazies in our country are doing to our country with their constant whining like little babies over everything that they find offensive. The sad part of it all girl, America is gone. There are too many wierdo's and troublemakers in this country to even further save it anymore. Everybody is out to get someone, and it's beyond sickening. But you know what? eventually what those troublemakers don't understand, that try to destroy another person, or business, just because something offensive was said (that is really no one else's personal business in the first place), is that those that destroy another person out of pure vindictiveness, they will get theirs in return one day. We all have to answer to God someday, no getting around that either. When certain people aka the troublemakers realize in society they can't control another person, (as they think they can), they will eventually shut the **** up. I just wanted to respond to you in support of what you had to say here. It's refreshing to know that there still are individuals like us who are able to think and see straight, and use our heads vs our emotions, as life is about using logic and not about feelings ;)
And yet you gave the most emotional response in this very simple discussion thread. Oh the irony.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Funny how emotional some posters are getting because it is being pointed out that a common nickname for a plant - not a person, not a business, not a cultural tradition - has an origin based on prejudice.

I find it interesting to learn where common sayings and phrases came from, and if I learn it is a negative or insulting term I just stop using it. Why would anyone want to continue insulting people out of ignorance?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Think my mom had one growing up. Never knew what it was called. The plant she had I hated the most was her crown of thorns. That thing was prolific, and hurt.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic