Is this offensive? The Wandering Jew.

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Tradescantia zebrina? It’s a gorgeous plant. I don’t think I’ve ever heard it called that though. Maybe some places have stopped using the name.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Always reaching. No shortage of manufactured outrage.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:41 am Everything is offensive these days so why not? Or even better how about we just get over it and move on with our lives instead of being crybabies?
Who is crying? Who has stopped living their life?

The OP asked if people were familiar with this nickname and their thoughts about it. I see nothing wrong with asking a question, or sharing an observation, and getting feedback.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:00 amCancel that too.
Sigh! Are you serious? Enough of this cancel culture crap. I personally am sick and tired of everything being offensive to the left!! We don't need to cancel every F***ing thing in this country just because someone gets their feelers hurt. Just like every other leftist agenda, their cancel culture agenda is out of control and as an American who still loves this country (especially what this country once was), it saddens me to see the eagerness from many on the left to destroy anyone who offends them or crosses them the wrong way. Ladies let me know if you agree with me?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:58 pm
Sigh! Are you serious? Enough of this cancel culture crap. I personally am sick and tired of everything being offensive to the left!! We don't need to cancel every F***ing thing in this country just because someone gets their feelers hurt. Just like every other leftist agenda, their cancel culture agenda is out of control and as an American who still loves this country (especially what this country once was), it saddens me to see the eagerness from many on the left to destroy anyone who offends them or crosses them the wrong way. Ladies let me know if you agree with me?
Angel girl is obvious.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would imagine it’s up to Jewish groups to decide if it’s offensive or not. I never really thought about it. Someone else mentioned spiderwort which is the name I’ve heard.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:20 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:41 am Everything is offensive these days so why not? Or even better how about we just get over it and move on with our lives instead of being crybabies?

The OP asked if people were familiar with this nickname and their thoughts about it. I see nothing wrong with asking a question, or sharing an observation, and getting feedback.
All sorts of people are crying things are offensive and insisting they change. Like it can no longer be called a master bedroom. I'm just over it. Everything is going to offend someone so maybe people should just stop being so sensitive to every little thing.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:08 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:20 pm

All sorts of people are crying things are offensive and insisting they change. Like it can no longer be called a master bedroom. I'm just over it. Everything is going to offend someone so maybe people should just stop being so sensitive to every little thing.
I thought realtors were the ones not calling it a master bedroom because they feel it will be offensive. Same with football teams changing names or states deciding to remove confederate flags. I live in the south and never understood why southerners were so hung up on it anyhow. In this case if botanists decide the plant should be renamed idc. It’s not going to affect me one way or another tbh. It’s not erasing history; it’s just a nickname.
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

You could not have worded your response to this post any better than it's worded from you already, and that is a compliment from me😊.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:58 pm
Couldn't have said it better. Everyone's offended by something. We don't need to continue to make a big deal of everything. It's exhausting already.
Locked Previous topicNext topic