So John Leguzamo ( maybe that’s spelled right, maybe it isn’t…) is mad they cast James Franco as Fidel Castro…

SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I keep going back and forth on this.
Personally, I think representation matters, in general. There’s no shortage of talented actors/actresses of various ethnicities/races. If a role is of a person of a specific ethnicity or race: a person of that ethnicity/race should be cast.

However, I was talking to one of my best friends (who is Cuban) and she said no self-respecting Cuban would ever want to play Fidel Castro.

Idk. I will definitely NOT be seeing this movie.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

I can't imagine either actor playing Castro.

What about Andy Garcia?

I realize that my question isn't pertaining to the discussion but as someone who's always had a crush on Andy Garcia, I'm just thinking out loud. 😘 lol
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:17 pm I can't imagine either actor playing Castro.

What about Andy Garcia?

I realize that my question isn't pertaining to the discussion but as someone who's always had a crush on Andy Garcia, I'm just thinking out loud. 😘 lol
I think they wanted someone who was like 30, and Andy Garcia is 66
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:25 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:17 pm I can't imagine either actor playing Castro.

What about Andy Garcia?

I think they wanted someone who was like 30, and Andy Garcia is 66
Well....true. Damn. lol
Anonymous 6

Unread post

What about Andy Garcia?

That man makes me drool!
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I'm guessing people are mad that he's mad. Personally, I don't see that much of a resemblance. The facial hair helps a lot but Castro has a wider, chubbier face and a broader, thicker nose. Franco is a great actor so I'm sure he'll be able to pull it off.
Locked Previous topicNext topic