Too attached at the hip

Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My husband was military when we first married. The first 12 months of our marriage he was gone for 9 months of it. 24 years later we have a good balance—he works 6 days a week often 10 hour days so I am often alone with the. It’s, or in my worn space for some quiet when he is home.

On the flip side because of his work schedule when he is home on the weekends I am very protective of that time. I decline individual invites in favor of those where we can be a family.

I love my family but I want my me time too.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do you want an honest reply on this or are you just looking to vent?
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:44 am Do you want an honest reply on this or are you just looking to vent?
A lot of my post was to vent, but I am open minded to what you have to say in reply as well.
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:38 am My husband was military when we first married. The first 12 months of our marriage he was gone for 9 months of it. 24 years later we have a good balance—he works 6 days a week often 10 hour days so I am often alone with the. It’s, or in my worn space for some quiet when he is home.

On the flip side because of his work schedule when he is home on the weekends I am very protective of that time. I decline individual invites in favor of those where we can be a family.

I love my family but I want my me time too.
Makes sense what you have to say :) I really does. I am pro Military and I respect our military a lot, especially considering both my dad and my brother served in the Navy at one time in their life. So thank you to your husband for his service to this country.

Anyway, as far as my thoughts to your situation goes, I can respect you in that you are being protective of your time with your husband and also with your children as well. I'm sure you miss your husband a lot when he is working, because he works so much. Again, that makes sense. Do you try to make the time, and even still effort as well, for your outside friendships and acquaintances (outside of family) still, so that your friends don't feel abandoned by your friendship to them?

I want to add, while responding to you, that the problem with my sister and her husband, is that neither one of them work an outside job. They both are on disability payments, and thus they are literally together 24/7, with no breaks in between. I am on disability myself, so I am I promise you and everyone else here not judging my sister for that. It is the fact that she is so insecure within herself, that she can't break away from him for even some sisterly talk. He always has to be part of our conversations and it really ticks me off and annoys me most of all.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Dolphins is back!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:28 pmDolphins is back!
Really this is her? Oh she was entertaining!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Same here.
carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:19 pm DH and I are both not very social people. So it may seem to others that we are attached at the hip, but the truth is social situations are exhausting for both of us. We really only like being around each other and our kids.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
RIZZY1
Countess
Countess

Unread post

My husband is the only person I have ever been able to spend this much time with and never tire of.
Locked Previous topicNext topic