MIL is having a tantrum because some of my kids can't make it to her birthday party

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:52 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:03 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:10 am

So this is an every year thing and yet your kids still planned other things? The one right request off? The other one couldn't plan their trip for a different time? Why can't the one who has tryouts come after?
It was my son's weekend to work. The trip could not be rescheduled. We never know the exact date.... It isn't like she does it on her actual birthday unless it's on a Saturday. Tryouts run longer than the party.

My kids are allowed to have priorities that can come before their grandma's birthday. It is unrealistic for her to expect every grandchild at her birthday every single year. One of my kids is moving out of state soon so I doubt she will fly back just for grandmas birthday next year. It's a birthday party not some huge life event.
Everyone could have asked her when she was doing her thing since y'all know it's normally on a Saturday. The working one could have called gma a few weeks in advance and asked so he/she could ask to not work that weekend. The person going on the trip could have called gma as well. I'll give you the try outs. The one moving out of state stupid definitely want to spend this bday with gma since you say they most likely won't come back to visit just for a bday. Id hate to be in your family. I'm glad my family cares about one another and being there for things they are important to one another.
These things were scheduled before she set a date. Again it's okay if they have their own things going on.

The one moving out of state is attending but this will probably be the last birthday she goes to.

We all care about each other and love each other. Not going to a birthday party doesn't change that.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:04 am

It was my son's weekend to work. The trip could not be rescheduled. We never know the exact date.... It isn't like she does it on her actual birthday unless it's on a Saturday. Tryouts run longer than the party.

My kids are allowed to have priorities that can come before their grandma's birthday. It is unrealistic for her to expect every grandchild at her birthday every single year. One of my kids is moving out of state soon so I doubt she will fly back just for grandmas birthday next year. It's a birthday party not some huge life event.
Everyone could have asked her when she was doing her thing since y'all know it's normally on a Saturday. The working one could have called gma a few weeks in advance and asked so he/she could ask to not work that weekend. The person going on the trip could have called gma as well. I'll give you the try outs. The one moving out of state stupid definitely want to spend this bday with gma since you say they most likely won't come back to visit just for a bday. Id hate to be in your family. I'm glad my family cares about one another and being there for things they are important to one another.
These things were scheduled before she set a date. Again it's okay if they have their own things going on.

The one moving out of state is attending but this will probably be the last birthday she goes to.

We all care about each other and love each other. Not going to a birthday party doesn't change that.
Good morning Bumpity!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

And again these things could have been scheduled around the party had they asked her when she was planning on doing it which would have forced her to set a date sooner.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:20 am

And again these things could have been scheduled around the party had they asked her when she was planning on doing it which would have forced her to set a date sooner.
Yeah that's just not how any of it works.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Family comes first. Sorry none of those excuses are valid. I don't blame Gma for being upset.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

We can see who the entitled MILs will be in this post. It's not the end of the world if someone can't go to a birthday party.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:00 pm Family comes first. Sorry none of those excuses are valid. I don't blame Gma for being upset.
It's a birthday party not some huge important thing. It's okay if my kids have other responsibilities. It doesn't mean they don't value family.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:09 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:00 pm Family comes first. Sorry none of those excuses are valid. I don't blame Gma for being upset.
It's a birthday party not some huge important thing. It's okay if my kids have other responsibilities. It doesn't mean they don't value family.
It is ok that your kids have other responsibilities. But you failed that teaching them how to be responsible.

The kid that works could of switched with someone.

The kid with the trip either doesn't go or moves the trip. What kind of parent let's a teen go away with a boyfriend.....again you fail.

The kid with a try outs and can talk to the coach. Maybe the coach would let him skip. If he misses a season it's not the big of a deal.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:40 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:09 pm
It is ok that your kids have other responsibilities. But you failed that teaching them how to be responsible.

The kid that works could of switched with someone.

The kid with the trip either doesn't go or moves the trip. What kind of parent let's a teen go away with a boyfriend.....again you fail.

The kid with a try outs and can talk to the coach. Maybe the coach would let him skip. If he misses a season it's not the big of a deal.
None of that is something possible. You sound actually crazy.

DD is 18 and lives on her own. She is free to take a trip with her boyfriend as an adult who supports herself.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Agreed. Massive parenting fail. This should be made a priority. If you had raised your children correctly, this wouldn't have happened in the first place. They can remember this when they're crying over her dead body. Their priorities are off.
Locked Previous topicNext topic