Not sure what to make of this

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My neighbor is older and sits on his front porch a lot so he sees everything.

He told me that yesterday a man came to my house, took a picture of the front and side of my house, then took a selfie standing in front of my door. My AC was on so my big door was shut and thankfully double locked.

I didn't hear him because at the time my neighbor said he was here I was upstairs in my room.

Why would someone do that though? I'm creeped out.

I'm wondering if he thought no one was home because our cars were parked in the garage so my driveway was empty.

My house isn't even fancy, like if he wanted to pull a scam saying it was for rent or something he shouldn't have picked my house, there are much better looking houses on my street.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe he used to live in the house or knew someone who did, so he wanted to take a couple pictures. I don’t think it would be usual to take selfies with the house if he were casing it.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My first thought it was some guy taking pictures of the house he grew up in. Second thought goes to rent scamming. Then it goes to an off possibility that your house in the past was used in a movie or TV show in the past like the goonies house. https://www.velvetropes.com/backstage/goonies-house
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My first theory would be that my house or my street were probably used as a shooting location for a show or a movie (fairly likely in my area) and he's taking a photo to show that he was there. Second idea is that it might have been his house in the past and wanted to take some pictures.

I wouldn't assume anything nefarious unless I had a reason to.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Do you live in an HOA neighborhood? Sometimes an HOA will ask a board member to take photos of a property. The selfie, however, is even more weird and little creepy.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

check sites like FB... search your address to make sure someone isn't trying to rent it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic