New guy I am seeing is going away

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Depends on your relationship, seriousness, and temperaments.

Everybody is hating on you, but I would be shocked, if hubby left for a week. And truth be told, he’s only taken one trip without me since the night we met, lol, and he would have taken me with him, if he could!
Anonymous 7

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:47 pm Depends on your relationship, seriousness, and temperaments.

Everybody is hating on you, but I would be shocked, if hubby left for a week. And truth be told, he’s only taken one trip without me since the night we met, lol, and he would have taken me with him, if he could!
Its totally different when it's dh vs a new bf.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I'm going to be odd man out and say that no man that I was newly and seriously dating went away without asking me to join. I didn't always say yes but I was always asked.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:01 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:47 pm Depends on your relationship, seriousness, and temperaments.

But before he was my DH, he was my BF, and we felt oddly connected from the night we met, so even back then if he had suddenly said, “going on a trip” without me, I would have been surprised.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:11 pm

But before he was my DH, he was my BF, and we felt oddly connected from the night we met, so even back then if he had suddenly said, “going on a trip” without me, I would have been surprised.
Even if his theoretical trip was planned before that night you met? Would you have expected him to either take you with or cancel?

I'm not saying you are wrong, just trying to understand I guess. It just seems odd to me that a pre-planned trip should suddenly be changed just because one started dating. But then, DH and I spent 6 months of our dating time living 2,000 miles apart so yeah, one little trip seems like nothing to me.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Even if you were married, he would go.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:48 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:11 pm

Even if his theoretical trip was planned before that night you met? Would you have expected him to either take you with or cancel?

I'm not saying you are wrong, just trying to understand I guess. It just seems odd to me that a pre-planned trip should suddenly be changed just because one started dating. But then, DH and I spent 6 months of our dating time living 2,000 miles apart so yeah, one little trip seems like nothing to me.
He did go to Italy, as it was already planned, but prior to deciding, we talked about me going, and when we realized that would not work, he contemplated canceling. So no, he didn’t just say, “btw, I am going to Italy in a couple weeks” as we were “in love” :roll: haha, and did not want to be apart *sigh* shout out to young love, lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic