Too attached at the hip

Deleted User 2053

Unread post

What is y'all's opinion on women who are too attached at the hip with the guys they are either dating, or married too?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No opinion. What works for one couple may not work for another. Whatever goes.
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

Sigh, my OP post posted too quickly somehow.

Anyway, the reason I ask my question is because I find that highly annoying and immature. It just screams the person doing so is extremely insecure.

I guess I wrote my post as a bit of a vent. And I made my post, because I feel ignored by an individual who I want to connect better too, and have more girls talk with (who happens to be my half-sister), but she is more interested in spending one on one time with her husband all the time, and hardly ever stays in contact with me by phone or even by Facebook. So yea, I feel very sad because of this reason. The only time she really calls to talk to me and my husband is when she wants something from us. Or the other reason she calls us is if she is having an argument with her husband and is calling us to vent to us while arguing with her husband. Yea, it's pretty messed up ladies. I love her. I want to help her when she is emotionally down, but it gets to be too much sometimes.

Here is a bit of a back story...... I was adopted when I was 10 weeks old. We (my half sister and I) weren't raised together. I always wondered throughout my growing up years if I had a sister, and when I found out I did (after meeting my biological mother in 2005), I was elated. I mean in all honesty I kind of found out before I even met my BM.

Anyway, I was raised with my twin brother. When I met my half sister though, I was blessed when I got to meet her, as not every adoptee who was put up for adoption gets to meet their biological family when the adoptee becomes an adult. Since I met my sister her and I have had times where we quit talking, but usually start talking again.

What makes me the most upset y'all, is that after a vile incident that my sister was involved in (that hurt me very bad), I forgave my sister many years ago. What happened, was back in 2005, she slept with my first husband (Now Ex Husband). I believe in forgiveness, and since her and I didn't grow up together, I wanted to thus try to work past that vile incident. She is lucky I even want to talk to her still. This isn't a troll post. This is for real y'all, in regard to what I am venting about. I'm just sick and tired of her SELF ABSORBED aka SELF CENTERED ways. I mean it doesn't surprise me because our biological mother (whom she was raised by) was a nasty wh*re, whom apparently was very man hungry and only cared about having men in her life, Including the fact that our biological mother was into drugs and bar hopping. That's what I heard.. Yes, as you can probably imagine, my sister wasn't raised by a good role model. I believe it though because that's how my sister is too. It's a shame!
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DH and I are both not very social people. So it may seem to others that we are attached at the hip, but the truth is social situations are exhausting for both of us. We really only like being around each other and our kids.
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:08 pm No opinion. What works for one couple may not work for another. Whatever goes.
I get what you're saying "Anon 1". And you are correct that every couple is different, and what works for one couple may be different for another couple. But it just seems (especially when a couple is a "middle age" couple), that it's a bit immature in my opinion to be that attached at the hip. It is also in my opinion rude when the person involved in their relationship with their partner/spouse completely avoids their own family (such in my frustrating situation), because the specific person I am venting about in my personal post is my own half sister. Her and I might even be full blooded, which we don't know because our biological mother was a wh*re herself, because she was also man hungry. I'm glad I wasn't raised by that woman and in a family with actual morals. Anyway, the principle of the matter is that just because someone is involved with someone, doesn't mean that loved ones before that person came around should be ignored and avoided and treated as though we aren't important anymore. I mean it hurts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Angelgirl4478 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:18 pm Sigh, my OP post posted too quickly somehow.

Anyway, the reason I ask my question is because I find that highly annoying and immature. It just screams the person doing so is extremely insecure.

I guess I wrote my post as a bit of a vent. And I made my post, because I feel ignored by an individual who I want to connect better too, and have more girls talk with (who happens to be my half-sister), but she is more interested in spending one on one time with her husband all the time, and hardly ever stays in contact with me by phone or even by Facebook. So yea, I feel very sad because of this reason. The only time she really calls to talk to me and my husband is when she wants something from us. Or the other reason she calls us is if she is having an argument with her husband and is calling us to vent to us while arguing with her husband. Yea, it's pretty messed up ladies. I love her. I want to help her when she is emotionally down, but it gets to be too much sometimes.

Here is a bit of a back story...... I was adopted when I was 10 weeks old. We (my half sister and I) weren't raised together. I always wondered throughout my growing up years if I had a sister, and when I found out I did (after meeting my biological mother in 2005), I was elated. I mean in all honesty I kind of found out before I even met my BM.

Anyway, I was raised with my twin brother. When I met my half sister though, I was blessed when I got to meet her, as not every adoptee who was put up for adoption gets to meet their biological family when the adoptee becomes an adult. Since I met my sister her and I have had times where we quit talking, but usually start talking again.

What makes me the most upset y'all, is that after a vile incident that my sister was involved in (that hurt me very bad), I forgave my sister many years ago. What happened, was back in 2005, she slept with my first husband (Now Ex Husband). I believe in forgiveness, and since her and I didn't grow up together, I wanted to thus try to work past that vile incident. She is lucky I even want to talk to her still. This isn't a troll post. This is for real y'all, in regard to what I am venting about. I'm just sick and tired of her SELF ABSORBED aka SELF CENTERED ways. I mean it doesn't surprise me because our biological mother (whom she was raised by) was a nasty wh*re, whom apparently was very man hungry and only cared about having men in her life, Including the fact that our biological mother was into drugs and bar hopping. That's what I heard.. Yes, as you can probably imagine, my sister wasn't raised by a good role model. I believe it though because that's how my sister is too. It's a shame!
Her being attached at the hip to her husband is the least of your problems. What a toxic situation.
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:19 pm DH and I are both not very social people. So it may seem to others that we are attached at the hip, but the truth is social situations are exhausting for both of us. We really only like being around each other and our kids.
Thank you Carterscutie85 for responding. So, in response to your response, I can definitely understand why it would look like you and your husband are attached at the hip. That makes sense, especially if you both aren't naturally social people. I and my husband aren't social butterflies either, but in all honesty, in our marriage, we don't have to be together 24/7 and at all times to stay connected. My husband works from home, It is hard for me sometimes because I wish I could spend more time with him during moments he is working, but I am also mature enough to know that he needs to work and bring money in for our household, especially since I am not working right now. I want a pt job eventually. I am on disability right now, but I hope for that to change at some point.

That being said, I will admit that I do also feel kind of jealous of couples who seem too attached at the hip. My husband and I have gotten maybe too used to each other (especially my husband). He likes to do his own thing a lot, which makes me feel forgotten about a lot. But he has also gotten better. he isn't perfect and neither am I. I just wish my own sister though would stop being so self centered when it comes to her man and make the time to chit chat with me more. I have no outside friends and it would mean the world to me if she just made a better effort to talk with me more, as it is very lonely for me during the day :'(
Anonymous 2

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:19 pm DH and I are both not very social people. So it may seem to others that we are attached at the hip, but the truth is social situations are exhausting for both of us. We really only like being around each other and our kids.
Same here
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:29 pm
Angelgirl4478 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:18 pm Sigh, my OP post posted too quickly somehow.

Her being attached at the hip to her husband is the least of your problems. What a toxic situation.
Bingo! Exactly her situation is toxic!! In fact, it's crazy to say the least. Her "MIL" literally lives apparently right next door to her and her husband, and there is constant drama between them and the MIL all the time. Girl, it's annoying to say the least. My husband and I are always like "what are we supposed to do about it, ykwim?" I mean she is choosing to continue to live her toxic life, surrounded by toxic people. but when we offer her advice, she then "ghost" us. And she does so, because she doesn't clearly approve of what we are encouraging her to do by getting out of that toxic life she is in.

When she married the husband, she is with now, she married him quickly. I think the only reason she rushed into marrying the man she is married to is because she was always jealous of me because I am married. It's crazy, I know!
Deleted User 2053

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:29 pm

I forgot to add in my last response to you "Anon 1 , that if you also meant by toxic, that my biological mother is toxic, yes indeed you are correct. I haven't had any contact with my biological mother in many years. She wanted to meet my twin and I, but in time lost interest in having further contact with us. The woman is so "toxic" that one of the reasons she quit having contact with us, is because she felt uncomfortable with us asking questions about our Adoption and other questions. Not even kidding you. It hurts I have no contact with my BM anymore, but it in the long run is for the better as she isn't a nice person.
Locked Previous topicNext topic