BM is gonna have to find other child care

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:40 pm Why on earth would you marry somebody with such young children and you have to deal with this. Why? Especially if your kid is old enough now to watch herself. I feel sorry for you. You have a long way to go.
Having little kids doesn't mean you don't deserve happiness.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:40 pm Why on earth would you marry somebody with such young children and you have to deal with this. Why? Especially if your kid is old enough now to watch herself. I feel sorry for you. You have a long way to go.
Because she wanted to and it’s not her fault bm is being difficult. I didn’t want my kids dealing with a stepfather so I didn’t date. Not everyone can do that though. Also I personally didn’t feel comfortable leaving a seven and eight year old home alone. Lots of people don’t and in some states you can’t. I arranged after care though and didn’t complain. Perhaps the agreement can be modified so the father pays half. That’s really not unreasonable to expect. My ex and I did that.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

My sil got mad at me for a similar reason but I gave her a ton of warning. Her kids were coming over my house after school on Fridays but that was the 1 day I had to go do my shopping without the kid I babysat and I was tired of rushing around to be home (stores were an hour away) before her kids got there. She didn't pay me either just totally took advantage.
I told her in April I wouldn't be available in August and the real kicker was her kids didn't need anyone to watch them. They were 12 and 15! But she didn't think they were old enough to be home alone for an hour until she got there and somehow this was my problem.
Some people just take advantage.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:11 pm
Oh I'm sure the father of these little kids is very happy. He has 2 women to look after them. I'm asking why SHE would do this to herself.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

ITA.
Sometimes life just happens and you just have to roll with the punches. She can either have them stay home alone for a while or she has to find alternative child care because your life doesn’t stop for her needs.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:30 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:28 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:22 pm Yes it is BM's job to find care for her kids on her time and it no longer works for you. I'm just not sure why it's needed at all. At 7 and 8 the kids are more than capable of minding themselves for a couple hours after school each day. If they can't go to BM's house I don't see why they can't stay at yours while you are in the home office working. Or even if you have to go in to a corporate building. Give the kids a set of keys to let themselves in and establish a routine for what to do when home alone until a parent arrives. Have a trusted neighbor check in on them the times you are at the main office. Then again I was a latchkey kid from the 90's.
I would be okay with that but BM doesn't want them coming to the house if no one is there to watch them.
Well then I guess she'll just have to deal with paying for after school care
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Because she loves him…? And when you love someone you’re willing to share your life with them, which includes making some sacrifices?
I guess only childless people and parents of older children deserve to find love and happiness.
Are you our resident misandrist? Because you certainly sound like here, BTW.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:11 pm
Oh I'm sure the father of these little kids is very happy. He has 2 women to look after them. I'm asking why SHE would do this to herself.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 7

Unread post

It's up to BM to solve the problem of what to do with them. She's been getting free babysitting and should be grateful for that.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:22 pm Yes it is BM's job to find care for her kids on her time and it no longer works for you. I'm just not sure why it's needed at all. At 7 and 8 the kids are more than capable of minding themselves for a couple hours after school each day. If they can't go to BM's house I don't see why they can't stay at yours while you are in the home office working. Or even if you have to go in to a corporate building. Give the kids a set of keys to let themselves in and establish a routine for what to do when home alone until a parent arrives. Have a trusted neighbor check in on them the times you are at the main office. Then again I was a latchkey kid from the 90's.
Because unless they are gagged and locked in a cage, the quality of her work will deteriorate. It's stressful having kids running around doing goodnss knows what when you're trying to work, having to deal with the knocks on the door, the stupid questions and the panic moments when there's silence ... Her work shouldn't suffer because BM can't sort out childcare on HER time.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Because some people don't care... Just because her child is old enough to watch the younger ones doesn't mean she's that much older...my 11 year old watches my 7 year old niece... That's only 4 years different.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

LOL no I am not the lady who doesn't want men at a public pool or on a train etc. And if you are reading what I write you would see I am saying the exact opposite. The 2 women here are in charge of these children and figuring it out while the man gets to sit back and do nothing. Why isn't he solving this problem that is now occurring at HIS home?
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:00 pm Because she loves him…? And when you love someone you’re willing to share your life with them, which includes making some sacrifices?
I guess only childless people and parents of older children deserve to find love and happiness.
Are you our resident misandrist? Because you certainly sound like here, BTW.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:11 pm

Locked Previous topicNext topic