I called the police and my neighbor was arrested

Anonymous 1

Unread post

He was setting off fireworks so I called the police. They are illegal in the city I live and there is such a big fire hazard right now.

The city has a fine and/or a small amount of time in jail if you set off fire works.

His wife is crying at the party right now because he is sitting in jail and missing their baby's first birthday. I dont feel bad though, there are signs up all over about the fines/jail time so it isnt a surprise or anything. They know how bad wild fires can be. Half of our neighborhood was lost a couple years ago to a wildfire including their old house. You would think they would be smarter about things.

If the fireworks were just a minor annoyance I wouldn't have cared but people lose their homes and even their lives to wild fires so I take people using fireworks very seriously. Where we live takes it very seriously too and they encourage people to report any fire work usage immediately.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I understand the motive but as someone who lived next to angry neighbors for several years, I do not envy you.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You did the right thing! Calling over a noise annoyance is one thing, but this was a legitimate hazard. You may have even saved lives.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Are you in the US?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:49 amAre you in the US?
Yes
Anonymous 4

Unread post

What state do you live in Bumpity?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

You did the right thing. I used to live in a wildfire prone area and man that can be scary. It's nothing to mess around with.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:02 am
Yes
Ok it's 8:00 in the morning and the party is going on now? No.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:27 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:02 am
Yes
Ok it's 8:00 in the morning and the party is going on now? No.
It's 10:30 now and yes they were setting them off this morning starting at about 7 am which is a whole other issue in itself if you ask me.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

WTF you posted this at 8:00am and the wife is crying at the party now? Get your times right before you troll.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:05 am He was setting off fireworks so I called the police. They are illegal in the city I live and there is such a big fire hazard right now.

The city has a fine and/or a small amount of time in jail if you set off fire works.

His wife is crying at the party right now because he is sitting in jail and missing their baby's first birthday.
I dont feel bad though, there are signs up all over about the fines/jail time so it isnt a surprise or anything. They know how bad wild fires can be. Half of our neighborhood was lost a couple years ago to a wildfire including their old house. You would think they would be smarter about things.

If the fireworks were just a minor annoyance I wouldn't have cared but people lose their homes and even their lives to wild fires so I take people using fireworks very seriously. Where we live takes it very seriously too and they encourage people to report any fire work usage immediately.
Locked Previous topicNext topic