With 2 weeks left of summer the district just announced that there will be no bus service

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That really sucks and I'm sorry you are in such a bind. I know last year school districts in my area had trouble finding drivers and they would have days here and there that certain routes wouldn't be running because they didn't have enough drivers that day. Those parents maybe had notice the day before if they were lucky. I honestly don't know how they all handled it.

But unfortunately, I see this becoming more and more common, and I see the future where when parents are either house hunting or job hunting, that walkable location to school or flexible work hours will be a primary concern. We will see the day when working parents have to consider transporting their own kids to school without a school bus system.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:26 pm OP said so far no one wanted to carpool and that she offered to pay someone and so far no takers. I don’t know about Uber age minimum policy, so you maybe right. Next door App is a good idea.

Pjmm wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:57 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:32 am I’m sorry this is happening to you.

Since you are willing to pay someone to drive them to school, can you arrange for an Uber to take them? You can pick them up, so the cost would be one way for two weeks.
I don’t think Uber will take an unaccompanied minor although I could be wrong. I would ask another mom who lived nearby if she could watch the kids until school starts and bring them with her own. Offer to pay for her time and I bet someone will. I’d start with the kid’s friend’s parents or put it on the next door neighbor app.
I was thinking op drops them off at someone who lives within walking distance of the school. They watch the kids until campus is open and everyone walks there. I thought it was federal law that school buses had to be provided but what do I know? My kids only used them in high school and if necessary could’ve walked home. It was four miles. They might not have liked it but whatever. Now a time or two I dropped off ds at Middle school before campus opened. It wasn’t ideal and eventually he began walking to school. But that was under two miles.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

switch shifts at work if that is possible
Locked Previous topicNext topic