He is still the golden child

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My mother sold her house with the help of my oldest sister who is a realtor. In the past I had been tempted to buy her house, but she wanted to make sure my brother had a place to stay (half the home). So I backed out. I wasn't going to buy a house, fix it up and then let my brother have half of it.
After the sale, my sister got $3000 from commission and my mother gave my brother $20k. At first we were told it was $30k, but she said it was ONLY $20k. My sister and I told her it was a mistake. YOU DON'T GIVE ADDICTS LARGE SUM OF CASH. It's her money, she can do what she wants. My brother js now in jail awaiting trial. He will probably be in prison a very long time. My mother said he was set up and isn't his fault, yadda yadda yadda. I had to tell her it was his fault. He was not innocent and she needs to get over it. She is upset we won't go to his trial. And she is still giving him money while he is in jail.
She washed her hands of one addict child, but bends over backwards for my brother. Yest she still denies that she has favorite.

My brother brought a lot of drugs to try and resale. He was attacked (?) and shot at his assailants with an illegal firearm. He was charged with large quantities of drugs, redistribution, firing in public and possession of an illegal firearm

But remember, it's not his fault he was set up.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I could have written this post. My brother is also an addict and the golden child. He constantly steals from our Mom and pawns her jewelry. She's had to pay to get it back. Before I stopped allowing my son to have a relationship with her I told her my son couldn't go over there as long as my brother lived there because he was back on drugs. I knew he was as soon as I looked up his record and saw that he had a probation violation for not showing up for a drug test. She of course called me every name in the book and denied it till she caught him selling drugs out of his bedroom window. And yet, he still lives there and continues on with his drug use and theft. She won't kick him out. He received 18 grand in back child support when he was 18, it was gone in a year and he has zero to show for it.

But the minute I ever did anything wrong I was a fat cow, ugly bitch, stupid whore who should go kill herself. I've never been an addict, never stole, nothing. Guarantee if I ever stole from her I'd be disowned.

My Mom doesn't have long left. I'd be surprised if she lasts another 2-3 years. Dunno what my brother is going to do without his free ride.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm sorry. I have a close friend who is an addict. Why do you think your mom does so much for your brother but not the addict child? (or y'all, for that matter).
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry you have had to deal with this all of your life.how aggravating & probably crushing to watch your mom play favorites.

As I age, my heart has softened towards addiction. It’s just an awful disease, it f’s everyone, the addict and the family of the addict. I am fortunate that I do not have any immediate family with addiction. However deep down, I do worry about it, as my husband has tendencies to it, it runs on my side of the family too. I hope I never have to be in your mother’s position, and that my children never have to be in your position.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sadly this is your mother's choice and you cannot control her behavior or that of your addict brother. The only thing you can do is distance yourself from the situation and hopefully lessen the impact their poor choices have on you and your life. Sometimes it gets to the point where you have to cut toxic family members out completely especially if you find their presence in your life only causes stress and problems. Do what is best for you and your kids and let your mom and brother deal with the problems of their own creation.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My parents bought a house for my addict felon brother. Then had the gall to say they were giving me the house in the will, with expectation that he would remain living there, because he owes the IRS so much money they'd end up owning it. f**k that noise.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:58 pm I could have written this post. My brother is also an addict and the golden child. He constantly steals from our Mom and pawns her jewelry. She's had to pay to get it back. Before I stopped allowing my son to have a relationship with her I told her my son couldn't go over there as long as my brother lived there because he was back on drugs. I knew he was as soon as I looked up his record and saw that he had a probation violation for not showing up for a drug test. She of course called me every name in the book and denied it till she caught him selling drugs out of his bedroom window. And yet, he still lives there and continues on with his drug use and theft. She won't kick him out. He received 18 grand in back child support when he was 18, it was gone in a year and he has zero to show for it.

But the minute I ever did anything wrong I was a fat cow, ugly bitch, stupid whore who should go kill herself. I've never been an addict, never stole, nothing. Guarantee if I ever stole from her I'd be disowned.

My Mom doesn't have long left. I'd be surprised if she lasts another 2-3 years. Dunno what my brother is going to do without his free ride.
Oh my gosh. I’m so sorry.
Locked Previous topicNext topic