Priceline, Hotwire

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Okay I will admit, I am a full pledged cheap ass. So as a result I want the best deal possible. We are going to Ottawa in a couple of weekends, and are looking for a good deal on a nice hotel. I have saw a deal for Priceline's Express which you do not really know what hotel you are getting. But I think I cracked it and figured out the hotel. Has anyone here used this or hotwire's deal of the day? Could you let me know how it turned out, I do not want to be stuck in a strip motel, or a motel out of a scene of a Rob Zombie movie.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m not afraid of the hotel so much as getting the worse room in the place. But yeah I don’t trust Priceline so I can’t tell you.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DH did this recently through Priceline and we ended up getting a Holiday Inn & Suites right by the airport (Buffalo, NY). It was a nice room too. Honestly it was nicer than some other rooms we got on the whole summer trip where we actually saw what we got.

So yeah, our experience with blind booking has been a good one.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DH and I just started our own travel agency, got all the training and certifications and I have to tell you, if you want a good deal and a guarantee that it will be what you’re looking for, you should find a certified travel agent either in your area or online.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

We did that once years ago and the hotel was so sketchy we didn't even stay there.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:48 pm DH and I just started our own travel agency, got all the training and certifications and I have to tell you, if you want a good deal and a guarantee that it will be what you’re looking for, you should find a certified travel agent either in your area or online.
Travel agent is not interested in our one night stay. I am really thinking we will just do The Sandman by the airport, free parking, free breakfast and a 10 minute drive to the competition. The downtown one is $28 for parking, no breakfast, and 25 minutes from the competition. We are just using it to sleep in so amenities are not a factor.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:45 pm We did that once years ago and the hotel was so sketchy we didn't even stay there.
That is my fear. As I said I am a cheap ass, but I want comfort and security. Looking at it , it may be not worth the risk and I’ll just stay at a hotel chain I know and trust
Locked Previous topicNext topic