About 15?

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:01 am Frankly, I HATE self-checkouts as there always seems to be a problem. I also feel any store should have regular lanes available if they are open. Now, if they want to offer me a discount for using those self-checkout lanes I might consider it.
I prefer self-checkout, just like I prefer using the ATM to deposit my checks rather than going inside the bank or going to a drive up teller. I just want to do my own thing and be done. If I don't need the help of an employee then I don't want to interact with an employee.

But everyone has their personal preference and their reasons so I agree that there should always be a cashier lane available at all times.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:56 am
EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:01 am Frankly, I HATE self-checkouts as there always seems to be a problem. I also feel any store should have regular lanes available if they are open. Now, if they want to offer me a discount for using those self-checkout lanes I might consider it.
That's my take. We are paying for them to do that work. If we go and do it ourselves we're getting less for the same money.
Do you feel the same way about ATM's vs bank tellers? Redbox vs rental store? Self serve gas pumps vs pump attendant? CarMax vs dealership?
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m with you, she’s nuts!
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:54 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:56 am
That's my take. We are paying for them to do that work. If we go and do it ourselves we're getting less for the same money.
Do you feel the same way about ATM's vs bank tellers? Redbox vs rental store? Self serve gas pumps vs pump attendant? CarMax vs dealership?
Of course! Never used redbox or carmax. There was a difference between the price on self serve vs full serve gas and that made sense. As EGH suggests, self-serve should be a discount because you are getting less. And, they have to pay fewer employees. Why help them end jobs?
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:53 pm I've never seen an "about" sign it's always a limit sign.
I got kicked out of the self checkout at Walmart once because it had a 10 item limit and I had 15. There wasn't even a sign! This was a few years back.
I wouldn't think anything of your overage. It drives me insane when the Walmart self checkout is a huge line of people with full carts and there isn't a lane for few items. Go stand in a regular line self checkouts aren't setup for a full cart.
The self check out at all the walmart's near me are setup for full carts. A lot of other stores are converting to the same set up also.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:16 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:53 pm I've never seen an "about" sign it's always a limit sign.
I got kicked out of the self checkout at Walmart once because it had a 10 item limit and I had 15. There wasn't even a sign! This was a few years back.
I wouldn't think anything of your overage. It drives me insane when the Walmart self checkout is a huge line of people with full carts and there isn't a lane for few items. Go stand in a regular line self checkouts aren't setup for a full cart.
The self check out at all the walmart's near me are setup for full carts. A lot of other stores are converting to the same set up also.
These were not. They would stand there doing nothing while they sent someone else back to the front door to get a 2nd cart and then since there wasn't anywhere to put this cart they'd block another register or the aisle so nobody could get through. I had 1 thing and was in line for over 30 minutes because of all of the full carts doing that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic