My children being left money

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My dad died last year. He left me some money. I found out that he he left my 3 kids a ton of money. My kids are all minors. I am not in charge of thier money. He put family members of the dad's in charge. I called them all and they all said talk to the lawyer.

Can I fight this?
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:12 pm My dad died last year. He left me some money. I found out that he he left my 3 kids a ton of money. My kids are all minors. I am not in charge of thier money. He put family members of the dad's in charge. I called them all and they all said talk to the lawyer.

Can I fight this?
I'm going to assume he had his reasons. No, you likely can't fight it.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Has it already been through probate?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What is the purpose of fighting this? Do you distrust the executor or trustee named in the Will?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Your children were left money I’m assuming they will get it when they turn a certain age. Is it in trust?

Why would you fight it?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

So call the lawyer, as the person said. Chances are there's a custodian and they'll keep the money in a trust or account until they are 18. That's the way I had it set up in the event I passed away. My assets would be sold and the money put in trust for my kids until they became adults. Unless the custodian is an incompetent idiot I don't think you can fight it.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What is it that you want to fight? Your kids inheriting the money or that other people were left in charge on their money and not you?
Unless you have proof that their inheritance is being mismanaged or stolen, I don’t think you can legally fight it. But I’m not a lawyer, so call one.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm assuming the kids can access their own money once they are of age?

Why on earth would you want to fight this? I think it would be a great thing for my kids to have money waiting for them just when they might be looking for their first apartment or buying their first home.

Unless you want to be a greedy bitch and take the money for yourself?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My grandma died, left my dad money. He took his money and put money in a trust for each of the grandkids that can be accessed at 18. Until then it's in my brother name.

I don't care as I know my brother won't do anything with it and if something happens to me, my Ex can't touch it. If I thought my brother was going to steal it then yes, I would have a problem... Do you think that this family will mismanage it? Why do you NEED to have access to it?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

By virtue of you wanting to "fight it", you're demonstrating precisely WHY your father didn't leave you in charge of their money. He wants them to have it, not you. Keep your greedy fingers to yourself.
Locked Previous topicNext topic