Annoying lack of communication from the school

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I got another one!

I forgot to enroll the kids for the bus—until 2 weeks prior to the start of school.

Today, I get the following email, “our buses are at high capacity and you may need to prepare to transport your child to & from school for the 2022-23 school year.”

So I search all my emails, and get this — there was NO email communication at all giving a warning of the registration deadline. I found one line buried in the bottom of the email, on 7/5, that listed the bus registration 7/22 deadline, saying if you miss it, you may experience delays in transportation, nothing about just not getting it at all.

I get it, it’s my fault, but sheesh would it have hurt them to send a reminder communication for “LAST DAY to register, otherwise you will have to find your own transportation” apparently so…they have done that every year for the past 9 years…I am pretty upset.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Why would you not read the student handbook to know the rules? None of this should be a surprise if you were on top of things.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:30 am Why would you not read the student handbook to know the rules? None of this should be a surprise if you were on top of things.
Our school sends a link to the handbook the Friday before school starts. Half of the time, the link doesn’t work. In addition, it is super generic for the whole district with wording indicating that schools may have their own rules. For instance, SD’s school allows shorts as long as they hit the knee but the school my friend’s daughter goes to does not. Same district. Another school allows hats and hoodies while our’s does not.

On another note, I know that if you have a bottle of Tylenol in your car, it is grounds for disciplinary action….
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:30 am Why would you not read the student handbook to know the rules? None of this should be a surprise if you were on top of things.
Student handbooks have not been sent home with the students. They are available on the website but when we've been at this same school for the past three years I don't feel the need to read through 50+ pages of stuff I already know. Plus, I just scanned it. The drop-off change and the change in lunch fees are not in the handbook. Only the uniform policy change is there if you know to go look for it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic