Should the January 6th rioters get pardons?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sure. But only if they're put to hard labor doing something for the good of the planet. Send them out to those floating plastic islands in the ocean and let them start picking trash up. We'll bring them home in seven years or so-maybe.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

It depends on what they did…

If they’re those guys that had the military gear on and were looking through desks for information, no- they deserve years, those are bad dudes that are trying some treasonous shit.

But if it’s guys like this :
03D8AF97-9ED6-4565-9983-2977747CED0D.jpeg
Fine, I get it, you got caught up. But you still get community service or something.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:34 am It depends on what they did…

If they’re those guys that had the military gear on and were looking through desks for information, no- they deserve years, those are bad dudes that are trying some treasonous shit.

But if it’s guys like this :
03D8AF97-9ED6-4565-9983-2977747CED0D.jpeg
Fine, I get it, you got caught up. But you still get community service or something.
😂😂😂😂😂😂 @ that picture
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No! But i also think the riots done in several cities during BLM protests were not taken seriously enough and the same people who are constantly talking about Jan 6th either ignored or brushed off the MANY riots going on. The only riot they care about is the January 6th one because it fits their agenda.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:12 pm No! But i also think the riots done in several cities during BLM protests were not taken seriously enough and the same people who are constantly talking about Jan 6th either ignored or brushed off the MANY riots going on. The only riot they care about is the January 6th one because it fits their agenda.
You don’t see the difference between looting a Bloomingdale’s and trying to hunt down the Vice President while chanting “hang Mike Pence” after someone built a noose?

Thousands were arrested during BLM protests when they were witnessed committing a crime. Hundreds were arrested at the Capital when evidence showed them committing a crime. I’m not sure you get the seriousness of the attack on the Capital and what was very close to happening on Jan 6.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:39 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:12 pm No! But i also think the riots done in several cities during BLM protests were not taken seriously enough and the same people who are constantly talking about Jan 6th either ignored or brushed off the MANY riots going on. The only riot they care about is the January 6th one because it fits their agenda.
You don’t see the difference between looting a Bloomingdale’s and trying to hunt down the Vice President while chanting “hang Mike Pence” after someone built a noose?

Thousands were arrested during BLM protests when they were witnessed committing a crime. Hundreds were arrested at the Capital when evidence showed them committing a crime. I’m not sure you get the seriousness of the attack on the Capital and what was very close to happening on Jan 6.
Looting Bloomingsdale? Well thanks for proving my point!
Im obviously not talking about looting bloomingsdale or whatever you want to throw in there to down play the seriousness of the riots! Shall i refresh your memory on the buildings being burned down with people in them. The police station? The people shot and killed? One in particular the retired officer who died on the sidewalk outside his friends store trying to stop those murdering looters! How about the numbers of people injured? Properties destroyed? Businesses destroyed? Peoples livelihoods destroyed? The thousands arrested… most of those people got a slap on the wrist and people like you defended their cause. They were excused by people like you.
Yeah! Im not talking about freaking bloomingsdale being looted! And i am talking about people like you who downplayed the whole thing just as you so graciously did just now for all of us. Thank you!!!
Yes, i see the seriousness of Jan 6th and they should not be pardoned, period!!
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:34 am But if it’s guys like this :
What's the difference between that guy and this one?

Answer: you could sell that podium on EBAY for more than ten times the price of a box of looted electronics.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:56 am

Answer: you could sell that podium on EBAY for more than ten times the price of a box of looted electronics.
You can’t sell that podium on eBay at all. You’d be red flagging yourself with no way back…

The looted electronics are pretty easy to fence.

But I highly doubt those guys got into any trouble either.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:49 am I highly doubt those guys got into any trouble either.
The ones who could be identified were put in prison
https://www.independent.ie/world-news/e ... 80417.html
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:56 am

This particular argument…doesn’t make one person more wrong than the other.

Stealing is dead wrong no matter who does it and if I completely understand the outrage the fueled the riots (police brutality) and feel the other reason was completely stupid (losing an election).
Locked Previous topicNext topic