I told my daughter she needs to get a job to pay for her food

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://tastythin.com/vegetarian-lentil ... ow-cooker/

I am sure this is an easy one she can make vegan. Plus it has slow cooker directions. I have made it myself several times. Plus it can be frozen.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 3

Unread post

So…DD is NOT happy, am I right?
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

I don't see the harm in wanting her to now pay for her newly acquired food lifestyle. Plus, this will help her learn how shop, read labels, and prepare vegan meals for herself.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This.
RIZZY wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:01 pm I would not cater to vegan or vegetarian changes in diet unless it was a dire health situation. I would be willing to learn a few things and cook something special for them every now and then, though.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And this.
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:48 pm I don't see the harm in wanting her to now pay for her newly acquired food lifestyle. Plus, this will help her learn how shop, read labels, and prepare vegan meals for herself.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I love having a working teen because now she buys her own food and prepares it. I love this new “adult person” that lives in my house.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:11 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:07 pm I get you not cooking for her but since you'd be making less food it seems like you could manage to buy her some. But she is 18 so it's your decision.
I'll still be making the same meals. It just means more left overs. The difference would be negligible.
And what will you be doing with all of the extra leftovers?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

At 18 she already should have had a part time job. Especially since her parents are not well financially.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

My dd went vegetarian a year ago, its an adjustment, but cheaper in the long run
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I personally wouldn’t be catering a vegan diet as well. It’s a lot of work and sacrifice and, as you said, a higher expense. Contrary to what people think, a proper vegan diet isn’t just serving yourself the veggies of a meat or vegetarian meals. That won’t make it for an adequate nutrition. You need to figure out alternate sources of protein which no necessarily go into a normal meal. Not to mention that just because you see a bunch or fruits and veggies does that mean it’s a vegan meal. They could be sautéed in butter, or sweetened with honey.
At 18 she’s perfectly capable of making her own choices, but then also perfectly capable of dealing with them herself. She can buy her own vegan groceries and learn how to cook them herself. Maybe she can take turns making meals for the family. Make this into a cooperation. I’m not vegan, but the majority of our meals are vegetarian, sometimes fish dishes. Meat and poultry we pretty much just eat on the weekend. And you can make these kind of meals very enjoyable. It will help her practice too.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic