I told my daughter she needs to get a job to pay for her food

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In all fairness, vegetarian is different than vegan. I pretty much eat vegetarian during the week, but I could never go vegan, even if I make some good dishes that are vegan. But no cheese, no eggs, no honey, no milk, and the resulting products that come from those? No way.
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:07 pm My dd went vegetarian a year ago, its an adjustment, but cheaper in the long run
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My dd 23 buys & makes her own dinner if she doesn't like what we are having.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ehh not something I would do.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I got my first job when I was 16 and at that point I was buying a lot of my own food. Not because I had to but because I wanted to. Any time I ate out or ate something that was not what my mom made at home, I bought it with my own money. That included basically every meal I ate while at work, and also all my school lunches as well.

So I can't fault you for telling your daughter to do the same. I would be the same way with my 17yo in that if he didn't want to eat what I was making, he could use his own money to get his own thing. As it is my 17yo will eat pretty much anything you put in front of him which is it's own completely different issue.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My daughter's vegan and makes her own meals because she knows how to prepare it properly but I still buy her her food. She's going off to University in the fall so I started breaking down her portion of the groceries. It costs about 30% less to feed her than it does the rest of the family so I don't see where the extra expense is coming from but you do what's right for your family.
Locked Previous topicNext topic