My ex is against DD17s SO moving in

Anonymous 1

Unread post

DD just finished with her junior year of high school earlier this summer. Her and her SO are starting their senior year next year. They are both very popular in school and DDs SO was just elected senior class president. She is on track for becoming the valedictorian and is very involved in school. SOs parents announced that they were moving a week after school ended. They said she needs to find a place to stay

DD and her SO sat us down and asked if SO could move in. We have 2 extra rooms and we love SO. We set some ground rules and said it was fine as long as everyone follows the rules.

Well ex DH is not happy about it. He says it is inappropriate and that I am a shitty parent for allowing it. I dont really see the big deal. It isnt like we have to worry about a teen pregnancy and worst case scenario IF they break up we will either have to make it work or SO will have to find another place to live.

Exdh likes to pretend he has control over our house when he doesnt and he never will.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That sucks for the daughter.

She’ll think it’s awesome at first, until it sets in that she’s now living a married life with all the lack of freedoms that comes with it.

And as a divorced woman, you know how much it sucks to feel stuck with someone. Even if you were all for it early on.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That seems like a perfectly reasonable reaction from your ex husband. I don't care how great of students they were. I don't want my kid living with their SO at the age of 17. I certainly don't want them to be getting married at that age so I wouldn't want them living together, either.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:20 am That seems like a perfectly reasonable reaction from your ex husband. I don't care how great of students they were. I don't want my kid living with their SO at the age of 17. I certainly don't want them to be getting married at that age so I wouldn't want them living together, either.
He can have his opinions all he wants but they are just opinions. They are both 18 in the next couple months. They were throwing around the idea of moving out and getting a place together even. I think this idea is far better at least while they are in school.

Ideally SOs family wouldn't be suck dicks and leave her to figure out what to do but we are already in that situation. If it doesn't work out things will be reevaluated.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:25 am
RIZZY wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:20 am That seems like a perfectly reasonable reaction from your ex husband. I don't care how great of students they were. I don't want my kid living with their SO at the age of 17. I certainly don't want them to be getting married at that age so I wouldn't want them living together, either.
He can have his opinions all he wants but they are just opinions. They are both 18 in the next couple months. They were throwing around the idea of moving out and getting a place together even. I think this idea is far better at least while they are in school.

Ideally SOs family wouldn't be suck dicks and leave her to figure out what to do but we are already in that situation. If it doesn't work out things will be reevaluated.
Good luck.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't throw the boy out if they broke up though, barring some extreme reason. I would see it as taking on an extra child and treat them as one of my own.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:25 am

Oh yes because 2 High School students can afford to just get a place with the sky high rents these days. And utilities. And car insurance. And groceries. And.... Uh huh. With what money?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:29 am I wouldn't throw the boy out if they broke up though, barring some extreme reason. I would see it as taking on an extra child and treat them as one of my own.
Don't be silly. It's a girl in this troll post.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I can see his concerns with the SO moving in. However you are correct that he has no say in what happens under your roof. It seems that you are in a unique position to be able to handle this with having 2 spare rooms so the SO can have their own space.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:29 am I wouldn't throw the boy out if they broke up though, barring some extreme reason. I would see it as taking on an extra child and treat them as one of my own.
The SO is a girl but I also wouldn't just throw her out either.
Locked Previous topicNext topic