My ex is against DD17s SO moving in

Anonymous 1

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:48 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:48 pm Her parents have always sucked. They feel that since she is so close to being 18 that there is no reason for them to wait to move. She can't live where they are moving because it is 55+.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:34 pm So what are the issues with the parents?
Because I couldn’t imagine just leaving my 17 year old to just find a place to live because I’m leaving. My kid would be coming with me if I had to move.

That is very unlikely. I'm a Realtor and I help people move into 55+ communities all the time. A child can live there with their parents as long as one of the parents is 55+. This isn't an exception, this is the huge majority of 55+ communities operate. They also tend to have an 80/20 rule, which means that as long as 80% of the residents are 55+, they will accept residents under the age of 55 even if they are not living with another person who is 55+.
It's like an independent living place. There is no one under 55 I looked on the website even. They don't want her going with them either way.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:14 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:28 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:31 am

Wow. You are wet too involved with this families personal business. Nosy.
Actually this information was offered up to me because the one child is my daughter's best friend and the older sister came to me for advice and their mom is my "friend"(used to be a lot closer) and told me and our other co leader all her business every Tuesday when we would meet for girl scouts. I didn't go looking for this information. My friends open up to me a lot because i listen and try to give the best advice possible. Nothing nosey about this.
Do you get involved with every person who shares their family business with you? I mean you are counting down the days/months until you can 'get' this kid. It's very very odd. Every family has issues or skeletons but most don't get involved. You can't wait to get involved on the other hand. It's strange.
This child is my daughter's best friend so yes we are counting down the days until she can leave the mental and emotional abuse she deals with at home. "I can't wait to get involved"? I'm not even sure what that means. The information was brought to me and my daughter. My daughter's best friend was worried she wouldn't have a safe place to live when she gets kicked out at 18(it was during a panic attack at my house after she came out to her parents and was staying the night at our house) me and my husband told her she would never be homeless and we meant that. I do not involve myself in their parenting but she does know she will never be homeless.
Man i feel bad for those of y'all who don't have people to rely on and get help from. That's very strange imo
Locked Previous topicNext topic