The hospice nurse was trying to guilt me

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My POS mom is dying. She has been reaching out to me on and off for years. I never respond. We haven't talked for over 20 years.

She is a horrible person and a horrible mom. She was abusive in many ways. I cut her off when I had enough and never looked back.

The hospice nurse called saying that the last thing she wants in life is to talk to me. My mom had reached out before and I told her not to contact me. This nurse has reached out before and I have told her not to contact me. She has contacted me 4 times this last week. I am about ready to call her company and make a formal complaint.

The last conversation we had involved her saying that I was going to regret it when I come before God and have to explain my actions. She always calls from a private number so I can't just block her.

I can't wait until my mom finally passes so all of this can be put behind me.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Call her company and make a complaint. Contacting once is part of her job. Contacting multiple times and basically threatening you is inappropriate.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:28 pm My POS mom is dying. She has been reaching out to me on and off for years. I never respond. We haven't talked for over 20 years.

She is a horrible person and a horrible mom. She was abusive in many ways. I cut her off when I had enough and never looked back.

The hospice nurse called saying that the last thing she wants in life is to talk to me. My mom had reached out before and I told her not to contact me. This nurse has reached out before and I have told her not to contact me. She has contacted me 4 times this last week. I am about ready to call her company and make a formal complaint.

The last conversation we had involved her saying that I was going to regret it when I come before God and have to explain my actions. She always calls from a private number so I can't just block her.

Call the company and complain.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mom might be putting pressure on the nurse to the point of verbal abuse. But that’s not your problem, just the reason why she won’t stop. I’d call the company if you know it. Or tell the nurse cease and desist or I’m filing a complaint with your licensing board. I’ve asked you to stop, you won’t and this is bordering on harassment. Especially using private numbers. Who does that?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Call the company and make a complaint.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:28 pm My POS mom is dying. She has been reaching out to me on and off for years. I never respond. We haven't talked for over 20 years.

"About ready to make a formal complaint" ??? What are you waiting for?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Agree with others, report this

And, it’s too late now, but also sometimes, just alerting the nurse/person after the 2nd call, “please stop calling me, if I receive any further communication from you, I will alert your supervisor and employing agency of this unprofessional behavior & of the emotional distress you are causing me.” Most healthcare workers would hear and that and stop on a dime…
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Knowing me, I’d tell her if she calls again I’m going to contact the company. I’d give her just one more chance. But if she does call again—I’m making a formal complaint.
That would really upset me, especially the comments about God and judgement day.
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Wow i stayed in communication with my mom until the very end i couldn't imagine not talking to her on her deathbed unless horrific abuse was suffered. It has to be REALLY bad for me to go that route. My abuse was pretty awful still but i don't have any regrets because i know i tried to be there as much as i could.

Did she horribly abuse you? Either way it is your decision and you're entitled to it.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’d file a complaint.
Locked Previous topicNext topic