BM is trying to stop the kids from going to year round school

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We moved to a different school district where there is year round school instead of a "normal" school schedule. The house is bigger, in a better area, closer to our jobs, and will accommodate my mom who will be moving in soon.

BM was not happy with it but she didn't have much of a choice. She lives in a different state and had the kids for most of the summer, spring break, and some holidays. Her visitations will change because of their school schedule. She will still get roughly the same amount of time it just will be split up. Instead of one long summer break it will be shorter chunks

She was saying she isn't even sure if she will be able to take the kids on some of their school breaks. Dh told her we will have to work it out. She keeps saying she is going to take it to a judge like she can get it changed which she can't. She keeps saying she will make sure she stops it before it actually happens

I know she might not like this but overall this school is so much better for the kids and they have so many more opportunities this way.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

BM is never happy. In your other post exDH isn't happy. Just curious do you work? I don't work so I admit I have plenty of time during the day to read these posts. You can't possibly work to just sit on here all day thinking of these dumb repeat troll posts bumpy. You need new material.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Better check the parenting plan. BM in this post has a right to be upset with the change if the parenting plan was made based on a traditional school year with summer breaks vs year long schooling it would be considered a post decree modification. Legally she is right.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:45 am Better check the parenting plan. BM in this post has a right to be upset with the change if the parenting plan was made based on a traditional school year with summer breaks vs year long schooling it would be considered a post decree modification. Legally she is right.
Dh did what he needed to be able to legally move. The parenting plan did not have to change.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

There's definitely a lot to take into consideration. It seems like a lot of people on this site have full legal and physical custody, the other parent has no rights, and visitation is extremely confusing (like, if they are a bad enough parent to lose custody, why are they having visitation? Is there a visitation order in place? And if so, why is it so easy to ignore the order? Just all so a-typical).

That said, the most important thing to keep in mind is what is best for the kids. It's a delicate dance to try to improve your (and their) living situation while also allowing the maximum visitation possible with the non custodial parent. It sounds like the move really is in the best interest of the children so I hope that bio mom can figure out how to visit regularly.
Locked Previous topicNext topic