Messy buns are not allowed

Anonymous 9

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:35 pm Well… there was a post not long ago of someone working in the OR that arrives to work in her PJs because she didn’t see the point of getting dressed if she was going to change into scrubs 🤷‍♀️
Talk about rolling out of bed and heading to work.
Lemons wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:48 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:34 pm

Personal preference. Myself, I'll take a person with a messy bun over strange hair colors or tattoos any day. Unnatural hair colors and visible tattoos just look unprofessional to me. But a messy bun, that's a standard anytime my hair is long.

That being said, I don't care if my doctor or nurse has any of the above as long as they take good care of me. But a tattoo or green hair would catch my attention momentarily whereas a messy bun wouldn't even register.

This is how my hair looks regularly when it's long and I wouldn't think twice about a hospital staff member wearing it like this.

Sloppy unkept hair is more likely to have pieces fall out. Who likes finding someone else’s hair on them? It’s just as quick to ensure your hair doesn’t flop all over the place when you’re working with patients. Some nurses probably went too far and came in looking like they just rolled out of bed.
I can understand that, because they have to change into their scrubs after they're in the hospital so why have to put on another set of clothes just to drive to work. But the whole putting clean clothes on a dirty carcass 🤮. I would be uncomfortable all day.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:09 pm Wacky hair colors and tattoos don’t pose a hygiene hazard. Unclean, unkempt hair flying all over the place may, not to mention that during an emergency hair flying all over your face can also impair your performance.
This isn’t a question of looks and having “conservative “ rules. It’s something that could potentially interfere with someone’s performance in a health environment and pose a hygiene risk if they could be leaving hairs all over the place.
mcginnisc wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:06 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:03 am

This is for employees in a hospital.
I still think it's silly. They will allow colors, but not hair just pulled back in a hurry. I was in the hospital recently for surgery and somw.of my nurses had colored hair, some had messy buns, visible tattoos..who cares as long as it doesn't interfere with their job.

Again.. I was just in the hospital a couple of weeks ago. I had nurses that had their hair up in a messy bun. Who gives a crap?? Also, in case you have zero experience, which is sounds as if you do..it doesn't matter if they have a messy bun or not in the OR as they are wearing a cap over their hair. It does. not. matter. They are wearing a cap. You consistently act like a know it all about everything Mom. I agree with you a lot, but good grief.. why do you act like you know so much about every single subject discussed on here? You and Oli both do this and it's exhausting to be honest. Lord knows I know some things, but others? Nah. I'm more than willing to plead ignorance in some subjects. Stop trying so very hard. We know you're intelligent, but you don't have to be so in your face all the time.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic