Messy buns are not allowed

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:08 pm I don’t understand why anyone would want to go out in public with ratty hair. Tattoos and different hair colors are not a problem. Looking like a slob is. I’ve never seen a nurse or doctor with their hair like that.
What a messy bun is my go-to hair style. I've got long, kinky, grey hair and it just is easy and casual for me to pop it up rather than fidget with getting hairs in place. For professional functions, I spend more time and either wear it down or in a slick bun but everyday? I just forget about it.

I'm stunned to read that what I thought was a messy bun isn't. I'm now not sure what it is I'm wearing. Perhaps a bun that is messy, lol?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:05 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:38 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:29 pm

You are really trying hard to be extra.
Not extra. Just realistic. Messy buns are for white girl hair. If you want to pretend that white women and black women have the same texture to their hair, go right ahead lol.
Not all white women have the same texture of hair. I see a lot of women of Asian decent, indigenous, and Latinas wearing messy buns…the idea it’s only “white” women style and calling it discrimination is pretty ridiculous.
Yes you are right. Asian women have THE BEST hair to pull off the messy bun. Latinas with straight hair too really.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:08 pm I don’t understand why anyone would want to go out in public with ratty hair. Tattoos and different hair colors are not a problem. Looking like a slob is. I’ve never seen a nurse or doctor with their hair like that.
Really? I think I saw 4 today in a 400 bed hospital. It is pretty common among nurses & techs.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:06 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:03 pm I’d put a surgical cap/bonnet over that and say “what messy bun?” Haha!!

I understand the sentiment of looking out together and professional sometimes, but in the scheme of wrinkled scrubs & colored hair — does messy bun really look that much more casual? And in this current healthcare crisis, it seems like an asinine battle to pick!
Amish prayer kapp? :)
Lol, not quite that fancy. I more of that fake-fabric blue disposable kind of gal! It meets all the infectious disease policies and oh so stylish, haha!!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:38 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:29 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:12 pm

Yes I would consider those messy buns. Halle berry is half white so she doesn’t have the traditional AA hair so she can do the bun with her ‘white’ hair. I don’t know who the other model is or her background.
You are really trying hard to be extra.
Not extra. Just realistic. Messy buns are for white girl hair. If you want to pretend that white women and black women have the same texture to their hair, go right ahead lol.
Different textures doesn’t mean Black women can’t wear messy buns, so you’re still being ridiculous.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'd be screwed.

My hair stays in a " messy" bun.

I wash it every day, though.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:18 pm
Really? I think I saw 4 today in a 400 bed hospital. It is pretty common among nurses & techs.
Messy buns? Interesting you don’t mention doctors. But no, I haven’t seen that trend that honestly I thought was long gone.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'll try to remember to look to see if there's any messy buns when my dds nurses come back in. I haven't paid any attention up to this point her screaming in pain for over 6 hours was priority.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:59 am I'll try to remember to look to see if there's any messy buns when my dds nurses come back in. I haven't paid any attention up to this point her screaming in pain for over 6 hours was priority.
I’m sorry to hear that. Is it better now?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:20 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:18 pm
Messy buns? Interesting you don’t mention doctors. But no, I haven’t seen that trend that honestly I thought was long gone.
? None of the physicians to my recollection wear messy buns. Ponies are more popular, but to be fair, there are A LOT more nurses & techs than physicians, so from a pure numbers standpoint = more chance of greater diversity in hairstyles.
Locked Previous topicNext topic