Messy buns are not allowed

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:20 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:18 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:08 pm I don’t understand why anyone would want to go out in public with ratty hair. Tattoos and different hair colors are not a problem. Looking like a slob is. I’ve never seen a nurse or doctor with their hair like that.
Really? I think I saw 4 today in a 400 bed hospital. It is pretty common among nurses & techs.
Messy buns? Interesting you don’t mention doctors. But no, I haven’t seen that trend that honestly I thought was long gone.
Almost all the night shift hospitalists wear messy buns at my hospitals. Not sure about day shift because I'm not there. Also most of the surgeons but they wear their caps so you wouldn't know.

I don't ever intentionally have a messy bun but my hair is almost always a mess at the end of my shift.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

PrincessLaLa wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:03 am Some people take the "messy bun" look too far and really do look a mess. I can understand a hospital not wanting their staff to look "messy" and it's much easier and smarter to make a general rule rather than pick out who is "too messy".
If there hadn't been employees showing up an absolute mess, I would wonder why the change.
I don't personally wear messy buns but my hair is usually messy by the end of the shift because I've just been working nearly 13 hours.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:46 am Nothing wrong with asking employees to look neat/well groomed. I don't think any hair color is messy or unprofessional, really. However, having a well groomed appearance is appropriate. If your healthcare workers/hospital employees look well groomed/neat it does inspire confidence that they're put together not just in appearance but also in their head. It's human nature to judge appearances.

I certainly don't want someone looking like a hot mess taking care of me.
I have never had a well groomed appearance by the end of my shift. I start out looking good but never do by the end of the shift. If I get a break fixing my hair is my last priority. I usually try and pee if I even get enough time for that..
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:13 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:26 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:21 pm It is discrimination against white people. Plain and simple. If black people can fight for hairstyles they are most comfortable in then the same should go for young white women.
Messy bun is a white hair style?
It sure is. Are you saying it is a popular black style to have a messy bun? Not sure black hair can even do the messy bun. If you google 'messy bun' 95% are pics of white girls. Of the 5% they have on the google images of black girls the examples are not messy buns lol. They are trying but-no.

There are other races besides just black and white and they all can have messy buns.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:52 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:59 am I'll try to remember to look to see if there's any messy buns when my dds nurses come back in. I haven't paid any attention up to this point her screaming in pain for over 6 hours was priority.
I’m sorry to hear that. Is it better now?
Yes they had to do surgery. She's sleeping now. Seeing her in that much pain was the worst experience of my life.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:20 am

Really? I think I saw 4 today in a 400 bed hospital. It is pretty common among nurses & techs.
Messy buns? Interesting you don’t mention doctors. But no, I haven’t seen that trend that honestly I thought was long gone.
Almost all the night shift hospitalists wear messy buns at my hospitals. Not sure about day shift because I'm not there. Also most of the surgeons but they wear their caps so you wouldn't know.

I don't ever intentionally have a messy bun but my hair is almost always a mess at the end of my shift.
Same. My hair always ends up in a messy bun by the end of the day. lol
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My daughter and her classmates learned how to do flawless buns in 2 minutes by the time they were 8 years old. I’m terrible at hair and would just put my hair back in a ponytail.

The overnight shift is a little different I guess.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:19 pm

My daughter and her classmates learned how to do flawless buns in 2 minutes by the time they were 8 years old. I’m terrible at hair and would just put my hair back in a ponytail.

Wha kind of hair texture & length did they have? That is amazing to me (and I am not joking or mocking) as I struggle to do a tight flawless bun with my DD’s hair at my age, she would not even know where to begin…I am serious when I say, if it was not for the internet & YouTube, I’d be lost — I have no idea how people learn to style long hair.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:19 pm

Wha kind of hair texture & length did they have? That is amazing to me (and I am not joking or mocking) as I struggle to do a tight flawless bun with my DD’s hair at my age, she would not even know where to begin…I am serious when I say, if it was not for the internet & YouTube, I’d be lost — I have no idea how people learn to style long hair.
They had all kinds of lengths and textures. My daughters is thick and heavy so I’m glad she was able to quickly learn. I had to do her friend’s hair one and hers was very thin and medium length. That was easy. Putting a hairnet around the bin helps it stay in place. Just on the bun so people don’t notice.

Do you put the bun way up top or in the back? Clips are helpful too.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:36 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:19 pm

They had all kinds of lengths and textures. My daughters is thick and heavy so I’m glad she was able to quickly learn. I had to do her friend’s hair one and hers was very thin and medium length. That was easy. Putting a hairnet around the bin helps it stay in place. Just on the bun so people don’t notice.

Do you put the bun way up top or in the back? Clips are helpful too.
Ah, I think thick heavy hair is easier for some hair styles. My DD has thinner, fine, wispy hair that frizzes & tangles easily, and she insists on keeping it long, lol, so just honestly, her hair never looks flawless without a lot of help from products, and we don’t do that at young ages.
Locked Previous topicNext topic