Messy buns are not allowed

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Food service generally has this rule as well for obvious reasons - who wants hair in their lasagne. Does healthcare have the same concerns? If not, then they should just stuff it.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nothing wrong with asking employees to look neat/well groomed. I don't think any hair color is messy or unprofessional, really. However, having a well groomed appearance is appropriate. If your healthcare workers/hospital employees look well groomed/neat it does inspire confidence that they're put together not just in appearance but also in their head. It's human nature to judge appearances.

I certainly don't want someone looking like a hot mess taking care of me.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The man bun thing? Ugh ... I do not care for that look.

Pjmm wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:19 am Does this apply to men as well? Because if they’re only targeting women they can stuff it. And these days lots of men wear buns, even headbands
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

A restaurant, I can see, and because of the off-chance of strands of the hair falling in food.

But a hospital? I guess a messy bun doesn't necessarily look professional but when a nurse (for example) is in a hurry, who cares if their bun is tidy or messy?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

It is discrimination against white people. Plain and simple. If black people can fight for hairstyles they are most comfortable in then the same should go for young white women.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:21 pm It is discrimination against white people. Plain and simple. If black people can fight for hairstyles they are most comfortable in then the same should go for young white women.
Messy bun is a white hair style?
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:03 am
mcginnisc wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:01 am So, they will allow blue hair, but not hair pulled up haphazardly...even though it is out of the face like required.
They are stupid obviously as it makes no sense st all.
Stupidity like this makes me glad that I homeschool and I don't have to deal with moronic rules that make no sense.
This is for employees in a hospital.
I kind of see it two ways. With how busy and how much responsibility falls on hospital staff, some could see the messy bun as they are putting more time into the care than their hair. However, others might take it as if they can’t even groom nicely or are too busy that their hair is disheveled then will I get quality care. Personally, I don’t scrutinize enough to really form an opinion based on such things so wouldn’t even notice. But I can imagine that others do.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:26 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:21 pm It is discrimination against white people. Plain and simple. If black people can fight for hairstyles they are most comfortable in then the same should go for young white women.
It sure is. Are you saying it is a popular black style to have a messy bun? Not sure black hair can even do the messy bun. If you google 'messy bun' 95% are pics of white girls. Of the 5% they have on the google images of black girls the examples are not messy buns lol. They are trying but-no.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:13 pm
It sure is. Are you saying it is a popular black style to have a messy bun? Not sure black hair can even do the messy bun. If you google 'messy bun' 95% are pics of white girls. Of the 5% they have on the google images of black girls the examples are not messy buns lol. They are trying but-no.
Don’t give me Google stats.. You must not know any black people..of course black people wear their hair in a bun/messy bun. I’ve been black all my life my hair is in a messy bun right now( my hair is long )… Black men with dreads wear a messy bun…
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:53 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:13 pm

Don’t give me Google stats.. You must not know any black people..of course black people wear their hair in a bun/messy bun. I’ve been black all my life my hair is in a messy bun right now( my hair is long )… Black men with dreads wear a messy bun…
Black people can wear a messy bun, but you can’t have dreads and wear your hair in a messy bun at the same time. The flyaways are part of the style.
Locked Previous topicNext topic