I told my ex he couldn't take the kids on a trip after all.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My ex just started dating this girl less than a month ago. Originally when we talked about the trip he had planned I was all for it, until he invited his new girlfriend. The kids have not met her (which is good) and I dont think a vacation is a good time to meet a new girlfriend.

Plus I do not feel comfortable with someone that is a stranger to my kids sharing a hotel room with them or driving them (my ex said it would be nice if they took turns during the long drive) around.

If it was my exs past girlfriend I would have had no problem with it but they were together for awhile and my kids love her. A month is way too soon to introduce a new love interest to your kids and way way way too soon to go on vacation with them with your kids.

My ex is of course mad and saying I am going back on my word but I told him he changed the situation when he invited her. He says I am just jealous which is not the case. I just dont feel comfortable with a brand new girlfriend going on vacation with my kids. I never would have done that with DH after we were dating for a month. It was a year before he even met my kids.

I am doing what I feel is best. Also my kids are very uncomfortable with the idea of meeting her this early. They don't want to and going on a trip this soon is too much according to them. They want to ease in to things with her because they are still healing from losing his ex who was a very important person in their lives. I will not force them to go and be uncomfortable.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is tough. Kids are missing out on memories with dad.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is tough. Kids are missing out on memories with dad.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I got engaged 3 months after my first date with my husband, but we talked about it like a months before. We’ve been married 26 years. So “too soon” is in the eye of the beholder and this is really his call, not yours. That’s my personal opinion. When you made the choice to divorce, you made the choice to forfeit part of the decision making process.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:33 pm I got engaged 3 months after my first date with my husband, but we talked about it like a months before. We’ve been married 26 years. So “too soon” is in the eye of the beholder and this is really his call, not yours. That’s my personal opinion. When you made the choice to divorce, you made the choice to forfeit part of the decision making process.
Okay but did you have kids involved? If not it isn't comparable. This is my decision to make and I'm doing what my kids want and what I feel is best for them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:09 pm This is tough. Kids are missing out on memories with dad.
It is tough. I wish he would think things through, but the kids are okay with not going and that is what they want.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If you were all for it before and the ONLY thing that has changed is now your ex has invited his new gf along then yeah, you're being shallow, petty, and acting jealous. Either you don't trust his judgement in which case you wouldn't have agreed to the trip in the first place or you trust his judgement and believe he would act in the best interest of the kids regardless of who is there.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:33 pm I got engaged 3 months after my first date with my husband, but we talked about it like a months before. We’ve been married 26 years. So “too soon” is in the eye of the beholder and this is really his call, not yours. That’s my personal opinion. When you made the choice to divorce, you made the choice to forfeit part of the decision making process.
Are you ever going to answer the question of if you would really donate an organ to a wife beater?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:40 pm If you were all for it before and the ONLY thing that has changed is now your ex has invited his new gf along then yeah, you're being shallow, petty, and acting jealous. Either you don't trust his judgement in which case you wouldn't have agreed to the trip in the first place or you trust his judgement and believe he would act in the best interest of the kids regardless of who is there.
There is nothing to be jealous about. I disagree that doing what I feel is best for my kids is petty or shallow.

He proved that I can't trust his judgement and he clearly isn't putting their best interest first. It will take awhile before I feel like I can trust him again if that even happens.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Does your custody agreement say you can deny the trip? My husband's simply says he must notify. BM does not have the option to deny.
Locked Previous topicNext topic