I told my ex he couldn't take the kids on a trip after all.

Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:16 am
Conweis wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:07 pm I agree with you. This is really early for the kids to meet his love interest. Now if he was friends with this woman for a long time and had already been around the kids, as a friend, it would be different.
I was beginning to think me and op were the only ones who thought it was too early to meet the gf. These ladies are crazy and most just want to argue and i bet they don't even believe what they are telling OP. I guarantee most wouldn't allow their kids to go on the trip ether.
Nah. I would think it's too early to meet the girlfriend.

However, when you get a divorce, or have children with someone you aren't with, you give up the right to make those decisions for the other person.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:47 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:45 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:26 pm

It's not an overnight trip with a strange woman. It's an overnight trip with their own father. And either OP trusts the dad for overnights, or she doesn't. If she doesn't then she should just say "I don't trust their father with them overnight" and leave it at that. It has nothing to do with the woman.
It's an over night with a stranger, the new gf, that the kids don't even want to go on because of. My ex was not allowed to have females he's dating i didn't know around my kid and showed him the same respect. There are a lot of custody agreements that have they stipulation as well. It's not unheard of and not wrong to know who's around your kids.
It's also not wrong to trust the person you chose to have kids with. But you know better than all us bitches so yeah you.
It's also not wrong to not trust the person you had kids with when they show they are untrustworthy. I trusted my ex until he beat me and decided to manufacture meth. Things can change at any point. So yea I'll say i do know better than all y'all moronic bitches.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:52 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:16 am
Conweis wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:07 pm I agree with you. This is really early for the kids to meet his love interest. Now if he was friends with this woman for a long time and had already been around the kids, as a friend, it would be different.
I was beginning to think me and op were the only ones who thought it was too early to meet the gf. These ladies are crazy and most just want to argue and i bet they don't even believe what they are telling OP. I guarantee most wouldn't allow their kids to go on the trip ether.
Nah. I would think it's too early to meet the girlfriend.

However, when you get a divorce, or have children with someone you aren't with, you give up the right to make those decisions for the other person.
Not really. It depends on the court order and/or what has been agreed upon in/out of court. There are rules to co-parenting. Per OP she was granted by a judge more rights to the decision making about the kids. So when there is a court order in place you have to follow it.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

You are completely right about this one.

It’s your job to protect those kids, not make sure every new love interest of their father is comfortable.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:33 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:41 am

I have never once gone on a trip with a stranger. That is not a normal part of life.
You never went to camp, overnight school trips, sporting tournaments, band trips, church retreats, college...?

I did some of those and none of those times were trips with strangers. I always knew who I was going with.
Lol right?? These crazies are arguing that you should have no problem handing your kids over to whoever and whatever is willing to watch them…

I fear what would happen if some of these women saw a “free babysitting” sign scribbled on a bedsheet and hung over the balcony…
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:19 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:47 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:45 pm

It's an over night with a stranger, the new gf, that the kids don't even want to go on because of. My ex was not allowed to have females he's dating i didn't know around my kid and showed him the same respect. There are a lot of custody agreements that have they stipulation as well. It's not unheard of and not wrong to know who's around your kids.
It's also not wrong to trust the person you chose to have kids with. But you know better than all us bitches so yeah you.
It's also not wrong to not trust the person you had kids with when they show they are untrustworthy. I trusted my ex until he beat me and decided to manufacture meth. Things can change at any point. So yea I'll say i do know better than all y'all moronic bitches.
It's no longer about you or about me. You are the one who started with a blanket statement saying that none of us would send our kids overnight with a strange woman. You may know your situation and you may sympathize with OP's situation, but you don't know the situation for all of us. Therefore you have no basis to make suggestions about what we all would or wouldn't do. *I* trust the father of *my* children and would absolutely let them spend many overnights with him without me there, even if he brought along someone else that I have never met.

So you can say "YOU" wouldn't, and you can suggest that OP shouldn't, but you absolutely can't say what the rest of us would or would not do. You know nothing about our situations.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:48 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:44 am
Anonymous 9 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:42 am You're doing a great job at parental alienation, OP. FWIW, the courts frown on that kind of thing.
My kids can talk to their dad whenever they want. That's why they have their own cell phones. Not allowing a trip that they feel uncomfortable with is not parental alienation.
There's a lot more to parental alienation than just not letting them talk to him. Restricting the time spent with him, talking negatively about him (if you can tell us all that he made bad choices then I'm sure you're telling them too), making them scared to meet his new girlfriend, all of those are means of parental alientation.

By the way, what exactly are the bad choices he's been making for years?
LMAO…

Blah blah blah, some bullshit about how you’re doing everything wrong…. What is it he did wrong again?

Spoken like a truly educated soul…
Anonymous 10

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:10 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:09 pm

You never went to camp, overnight school trips, sporting tournaments, band trips, church retreats, college...?

I did some of those and none of those times were trips with strangers. I always knew who I was going with.
Lol right?? These crazies are arguing that you should have no problem handing your kids over to whoever and whatever is willing to watch them…

I fear what would happen if some of these women saw a “free babysitting” sign scribbled on a bedsheet and hung over the balcony…
But…their father is there? No one is suggesting sending a kid with a complete stranger. This argument has gone way off course. Again, their father is there.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:07 pm

But…their father is there? No one is suggesting sending a kid with a complete stranger. This argument has gone way off course. Again, their father is there.
A man that has been in jail, done drugs and I believe had a DUI as well.
As the daughter of a man addicted to cocaine , I will say that him being there does not mean squat. I would not trust him as far as I could throw him. Throwing in a woman he has dated for 30 days does not make it any better..How do I know she doesn't use?
I have to side with the OP on this one. I would not be thrilled either.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:07 pm

So what? If the mother doesn’t feel comfortable with it I have no clue why anyone who is a total stranger to the situation would tell her to ignore her instincts and listen to them instead.
Locked Previous topicNext topic