I told my ex he couldn't take the kids on a trip after all.

Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:10 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:12 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:19 pm

It's also not wrong to not trust the person you had kids with when they show they are untrustworthy. I trusted my ex until he beat me and decided to manufacture meth. Things can change at any point. So yea I'll say i do know better than all y'all moronic bitches.
It's no longer about you or about me. You are the one who started with a blanket statement saying that none of us would send our kids overnight with a strange woman. You may know your situation and you may sympathize with OP's situation, but you don't know the situation for all of us. Therefore you have no basis to make suggestions about what we all would or wouldn't do. *I* trust the father of *my* children and would absolutely let them spend many overnights with him without me there, even if he brought along someone else that I have never met.

So you can say "YOU" wouldn't, and you can suggest that OP shouldn't, but you absolutely can't say what the rest of us would or would not do. You know nothing about our situations.
Ok Cool that YOU trust your ex... But you keep trying to tell op she's wrong because she doesn't trust hers. So read what you read and take it for yourself. If you enjoy allowing your kids around strangers who could possibly be bad for them then go for it. I'll keep mine safe and know who's around them.
It has been proven that children are more at risk with people they know than people who are strangers.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:12 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:12 pm

It's no longer about you or about me. You are the one who started with a blanket statement saying that none of us would send our kids overnight with a strange woman. You may know your situation and you may sympathize with OP's situation, but you don't know the situation for all of us. Therefore you have no basis to make suggestions about what we all would or wouldn't do. *I* trust the father of *my* children and would absolutely let them spend many overnights with him without me there, even if he brought along someone else that I have never met.

So you can say "YOU" wouldn't, and you can suggest that OP shouldn't, but you absolutely can't say what the rest of us would or would not do. You know nothing about our situations.
Ok Cool that YOU trust your ex... But you keep trying to tell op she's wrong because she doesn't trust hers. So read what you read and take it for yourself. If you enjoy allowing your kids around strangers who could possibly be bad for them then go for it. I'll keep mine safe and know who's around them.
It has been proven that children are more at risk with people they know than people who are strangers.
And their father isn't a good choice maker... So you just proved my point. Thanks. Bye.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:06 pm

And their father isn't a good choice maker... So you just proved my point. Thanks. Bye.
Huh? I was talking about what you said to Traci. I will bold it for you in your reply. You are doing no better at being a parent than Traci.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:40 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:26 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:41 am

Stop explaining yourself to these morons. Not one of these bitches in here would allow their kids to go on an over night trip with a strange woman.
It's not an overnight trip with a strange woman. It's an overnight trip with their own father. And either OP trusts the dad for overnights, or she doesn't. If she doesn't then she should just say "I don't trust their father with them overnight" and leave it at that. It has nothing to do with the woman.
He has proven that I can't trust him. I was hesitant about the trip after the break up but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Now I know I can't do that.
That's not what you said in the original post. You said after talking to him about the trip you were ALL FOR IT......that doesn't sound like you were hesitant in the least. Convenient that you only chose to mention he was a drug addict, doesn't have custody, made poor choices etc AFTER you were called out
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That’s trolling 101
Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:05 pm

It's not an overnight trip with a strange woman. It's an overnight trip with their own father. And either OP trusts the dad for overnights, or she doesn't. If she doesn't then she should just say "I don't trust their father with them overnight" and leave it at that. It has nothing to do with the woman.
He has proven that I can't trust him. I was hesitant about the trip after the break up but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Now I know I can't do that.
That's not what you said in the original post. You said after talking to him about the trip you were ALL FOR IT......that doesn't sound like you were hesitant in the least. Convenient that you only chose to mention he was a drug addict, doesn't have custody, made poor choices etc AFTER you were called out
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:05 pm

Yes we talked about it and that was before the break up.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Wow! This post is all over the place, lol. My opinion, not that it should matter much, is that you need to focus your thinking and messaging to your kids and your ex husband. There is a reason that he doesn't have overnight visitation and I imagine that's because of his drinking and drug abuse history. It seems as if you trusted him when he was with his former girlfriend - perhaps she was a grounding influence - but now that they are split, you are uncomfortable with having your kids go with your ex and I get that! But I think that should be the conversation rather than the new girl friend. New GF is just added fuel to your fire but not the main issue and making her out to be might be confusing to your kids and to your ex.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:56 pm

Huh? I was talking about what you said to Traci. I will bold it for you in your reply. You are doing no better at being a parent than Traci.
I'm a great mother thanks. My kids are safe. Fed. Well rounded teens almost adults.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:11 pm

I'm a great mother thanks. My kids are safe. Fed. Well rounded teens almost adults.
Your kids are almost adults and you still have to know every person around them? That’s sad that they haven’t picked up on you teaching them good judgment and surrounding themselves with the right people.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:08 am
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:11 pm

Your kids are almost adults and you still have to know every person around them? That’s sad that they haven’t picked up on you teaching them good judgment and surrounding themselves with the right people.
I know everyone around them because they enjoy being around us. Lol. Have had the same friend for over 6 years. They bring new people around all the time as well because they want them to meet us. But while under my roof i will know where my kids are and who they are with. That's how i was raised. I moved out at 18 and then back in at 21, both times my mother always knew where i was going and who i was with same with my brother who lived there until he was 25. I do not prevent them from going anywhere they want but I will know who they are around in case something happens while they are gone. I'm glad my whole family is like that grandmas aunt's uncles etc. That's the only way we pin pointed where to look for my cousin when she went missing on her bday. Found her dead in the water at the harbor. But because we knew where she was and who she had been with we were able to find her much faster. It's a safety thing for us. You do not have to agree.
Locked Previous topicNext topic