I told my ex he couldn't take the kids on a trip after all.

Anonymous 10

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:24 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:07 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:10 pm

Lol right?? These crazies are arguing that you should have no problem handing your kids over to whoever and whatever is willing to watch them…

I fear what would happen if some of these women saw a “free babysitting” sign scribbled on a bedsheet and hung over the balcony…
But…their father is there? No one is suggesting sending a kid with a complete stranger. This argument has gone way off course. Again, their father is there.
A man that has been in jail, done drugs and I believe had a DUI as well.
As the daughter of a man addicted to cocaine , I will say that him being there does not mean squat. I would not trust him as far as I could throw him. Throwing in a woman he has dated for 30 days does not make it any better..How do I know she doesn't use?
I have to side with the OP on this one. I would not be thrilled either.
Well if you want to get that far into it if my exhusband was in and out of jail, drugs etc I would have just walked away and not looked back. Sorry kids. Instead this lady is letting him have them for an extended period. She’s essentially letting the piece of shit have them. Some mother 🤷‍♀️
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lol right?? These crazies are arguing that you should have no problem handing your kids over to whoever and whatever is willing to watch them…

I fear what would happen if some of these women saw a “free babysitting” sign scribbled on a bedsheet and hung over the balcony…
But…their father is there? No one is suggesting sending a kid with a complete stranger. This argument has gone way off course. Again, their father is there.
As the daughter of a man addicted to cocaine , I will say that him being there does not mean squat. I would not trust him as far as I could throw him. Throwing in a woman he has dated for 30 days does not make it any better..How do I know she doesn't use?
I agree with what you bolded and would have difficulty trusting a man like that as well.

But what doesn't make sense is the OP's inconsistency. Either she trusts him or she doesn't. If she didn't trust him she would've never agreed with the trip even before the girlfriend was in the picture. If she did trust him now, the presence of the girlfriend would make no difference because she trusts him. The OP changing her mind makes no sense to me.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:35 pm
I agree with what you bolded and would have difficulty trusting a man like that as well.

But what doesn't make sense is the OP's inconsistency. Either she trusts him or she doesn't. If she didn't trust him she would've never agreed with the trip even before the girlfriend was in the picture. If she did trust him now, the presence of the girlfriend would make no difference because she trusts him. The OP changing her mind makes no sense to me.
Right and well…you know why she is changing her mind. Has to keep her post going…
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:26 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:41 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:26 am
If he wants them for his scheduled time that is fine. I don't have a problem with that.

He is clean as far as I know but it does concern me that he will relapse.

It was drugs charges and a couple DUIDs.

Yes I was fine with the trip until it was apparent that he is no longer making good choices.
Stop explaining yourself to these morons. Not one of these bitches in here would allow their kids to go on an over night trip with a strange woman.
It's not an overnight trip with a strange woman. It's an overnight trip with their own father. And either OP trusts the dad for overnights, or she doesn't. If she doesn't then she should just say "I don't trust their father with them overnight" and leave it at that. It has nothing to do with the woman.
He has proven that I can't trust him. I was hesitant about the trip after the break up but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Now I know I can't do that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:49 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:34 pm
Anonymous 11 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:51 pm

I mean, she's not a complete or random stranger. It's not like you don't know or can't find out her full name, address, birthdate, etc. And your ex knows her. I probably wouldn't let them go alone with her but that was never even proposed. Plus, they aren't as vulnerable as little kids. This is all your prerogative and if you really do have full custody and dad really has shown poor judgement, I would think most people are understanding of that. But it does seem like you're harping on the "stranger" thing a little too hard. They're going to be with their father. *shrug*
I know nothing about her besides her first name.
But you could easily find out. Easily. It's not difficult to find out someone's full name, address, and date of birth. People did it back on CM alllll the time.
No I couldn't. There are a ton of people with her name in my city alone.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:52 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:16 am
Conweis wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:07 pm I agree with you. This is really early for the kids to meet his love interest. Now if he was friends with this woman for a long time and had already been around the kids, as a friend, it would be different.
I was beginning to think me and op were the only ones who thought it was too early to meet the gf. These ladies are crazy and most just want to argue and i bet they don't even believe what they are telling OP. I guarantee most wouldn't allow their kids to go on the trip ether.
Nah. I would think it's too early to meet the girlfriend.

However, when you get a divorce, or have children with someone you aren't with, you give up the right to make those decisions for the other person.
Incorrect
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:35 pm

I agreed to the trip when he was still with his ex. He has proven he isn't making good decisions so I no longer agree.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:34 pm
Well if you want to get that far into it if my exhusband was in and out of jail, drugs etc I would have just walked away and not looked back. Sorry kids. Instead this lady is letting him have them for an extended period. She’s essentially letting the piece of shit have them. Some mother 🤷‍♀️
I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt because until now it looked like he was making good choices and doing right by the kids. That is clearly not true.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:12 pm
Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:19 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:47 pm

It's also not wrong to trust the person you chose to have kids with. But you know better than all us bitches so yeah you.
It's also not wrong to not trust the person you had kids with when they show they are untrustworthy. I trusted my ex until he beat me and decided to manufacture meth. Things can change at any point. So yea I'll say i do know better than all y'all moronic bitches.
It's no longer about you or about me. You are the one who started with a blanket statement saying that none of us would send our kids overnight with a strange woman. You may know your situation and you may sympathize with OP's situation, but you don't know the situation for all of us. Therefore you have no basis to make suggestions about what we all would or wouldn't do. *I* trust the father of *my* children and would absolutely let them spend many overnights with him without me there, even if he brought along someone else that I have never met.

So you can say "YOU" wouldn't, and you can suggest that OP shouldn't, but you absolutely can't say what the rest of us would or would not do. You know nothing about our situations.
Ok Cool that YOU trust your ex... But you keep trying to tell op she's wrong because she doesn't trust hers. So read what you read and take it for yourself. If you enjoy allowing your kids around strangers who could possibly be bad for them then go for it. I'll keep mine safe and know who's around them.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:33 pm

I did some of those and none of those times were trips with strangers. I always knew who I was going with.

Oh yes!!! The father who doesn't have the same rights as mom per a court order. The father who was in jail(i believe she said that). The father who makes bad choices. Yes let's send that kids with some chick he just met.
Locked Previous topicNext topic