Bringing our own food never works

cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Are you referring to the Whole 30 book? If so, how do you like it so far? I have that cookbook, but have only tried a few recipes. So far, I like them and they're super easy to whip up.

There's a vegetarian cookbook I LOVE called Supernatural cooking by Heidi Swanson. Her buckwheat asian noodles ( the sauce makes the dish!) is awesome!

madfoodie wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:05 am
RIZZY wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:19 am Does anyone else have this experience?

When I plan road trips, we try to save money by bringing food and snacks with us. Or, we'll go grocery shopping once we get there. With the exception of snacks and fresh fruit, my plans never feel like they work out. Last time, I didn't pack the cooler right and the chicken salad mix got flooded with water. The time before that, we had a poor quality cooler and a lot of the food spoiled. Another part of the problem is that I can't eat carb-rich foods and I have to have a lot of fresh veggies but I get tired of celery and carrots.

I'm planning a two month road trip for next summer. What are your best tips and tricks? What is the best cooler??
I reduced carbs for health reasons and am on a Whole Foods diet. I found some really good vegetarian and Whole Foods recipes. That being said igloo.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You need good "Tupperware" i love these.... https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-12 ... lsrc=aw.ds.... These are great for everything that needs to go in the cooler. I use them for the beach

Also use frozen 2L soda bottles instead of bags of ice. I just line the bottom of the cooler with them.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are you staying in your vehicle/camping or how often will you have access to a fridge? 99% of the time, we pack our meals when we travel and will just choose one or two meals out at each destination to experience the local foods. With six kids, eating even fast food while traveling is expensive.

We love our Yeti cooler. It's an investment, but it pays for itself after a few trips packing our own food for the drive. ad one layer of food, one layer of ice one layer of food, continue with a layer of ice on top. As long as it's not opened super frequently, it will keep ice solid for days. Each of the kids have a mini cooler lunchbox where we keep their meals and snacks for an 8 hours stretch, to lessen the number of times we have to open and dig around the cooler. We eat a lot of plant based meals and snacks, so they can go longer without needing proper refrigeration than meat products.
Locked Previous topicNext topic