DH just talked to my step kids lawyer because they are taking BM to court in hopes of living with us full time

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:44 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:42 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:15 pm

Not everyone is a troll and that is not my username.
Okay maybe you’re not. But at no point did they talk to mom about this? Express their dissatisfaction? And the lawyer is cool with letting minors do this without discussing it with their custodial parent? When there’s no abuse or problems in the house? Or bringing the GAL into it? Uh huh.
They have told her they want to move back before but they have never had a serious conversation with her about it. I'm not sure how much the lawyer did or did not know. The GAL was brought in years ago when the original court order for them moving was set up.
You just don’t do this without telling the lawyer. And I doubt a judge will just let them go back without just cause. Their lawyer could tell them that. Hell your dh could talk to bm in mediation. But whatever.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:50 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:44 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:42 pm

Okay maybe you’re not. But at no point did they talk to mom about this? Express their dissatisfaction? And the lawyer is cool with letting minors do this without discussing it with their custodial parent? When there’s no abuse or problems in the house? Or bringing the GAL into it? Uh huh.
They have told her they want to move back before but they have never had a serious conversation with her about it. I'm not sure how much the lawyer did or did not know. The GAL was brought in years ago when the original court order for them moving was set up.
You just don’t do this without telling the lawyer. And I doubt a judge will just let them go back without just cause. Their lawyer could tell them that. Hell your dh could talk to bm in mediation. But whatever.
There is no way to know what will happen for sure but at their ages their opinions are heavily used when it comes to making a decision. Bm should be infowd today if they can serve her and then I'm sure there will be many discussions.

Both lawyers say there is a strong case of the kids winning.
Locked Previous topicNext topic