As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ugh.

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:12 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:57 pm
DSamuels wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:46 pm

There has been no source other than the abortion doctor. Even snopes hasn’t confirmed the story according to your link.

I am skeptical.
That's why I added it.
Ahh, I thought you posted as proof of the story.
With the addition of more information, how do you feel about the truth of this story now?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:13 pm So this apparently falls into the things that didn't happen for $1,000 catagory.
Same question: With the addition of more information, how do you feel about the truth of this story now?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:30 pm Ugh.

What is he even talking about?

1) according to his lawyer, he’s lives in Columbus for 7 years, so this has nothing to do with Biden’s border policy

2) the rape was reported to CPS and the police in Ohio over a week before she had the abortion in Indiana. There was already both police and social services involvement here. Fight *what* to the end?

“Columbus police were made aware of the girl's pregnancy through a referral by Franklin County Children Services that was made by her mother on June 22, Det. Jeffrey Huhn testified Wednesday morning at Fuentes' arraignment. On June 30, the girl underwent a medical abortion in Indianapolis, Huhn said.”

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/202 ... -autopilot

Putting her picture up while claiming she might not report child abuse? As you said - ugh.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:42 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:57 pm

That's why I added it.
With the addition of more information, how do you feel about the truth of this story now?
I still question the timing of things. I think it’s possible that she’s being used to further an agenda. I sincerely hope not, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Questions I have are why if the pregnancy was reported June 22nd but the abortion performed June 30th? Was she 6 weeks 3 days on June 22nd or the 30th? If the latter, then she would have been less than 6 weeks the 22nd and wouldn’t have needed to go to Indiana. Why are we just now finding out almost a month later about the rape, especially when the suspect confessed. Why was he just arrested on Tuesday? Why did the doctor who did the abortion feel the need to publicize this?

The guy is scum who should rot in hell. It sounds like he may have lived with her family.
Clark Torbett, an attorney with the Franklin County Public Defender’s office, said it was unconstitutional to hold Fuentes without bond, especially with DNA confirmation of the pregnancy’s father still pending.

He said Fuentes had lived in Columbus for the last seven years and had a steady job at a café. He also had an address where he could live that was not at the same location as the 10-year-old.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/202 ... 046625002/
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:43 pm

1) according to his lawyer, he’s lives in Columbus for 7 years, so this has nothing to do with Biden’s border policy

2) the rape was reported to CPS and the police in Ohio over a week before she had the abortion in Indiana. There was already both police and social services involvement here. Fight *what* to the end?

“Columbus police were made aware of the girl's pregnancy through a referral by Franklin County Children Services that was made by her mother on June 22, Det. Jeffrey Huhn testified Wednesday morning at Fuentes' arraignment. On June 30, the girl underwent a medical abortion in Indianapolis, Huhn said.”

Putting her picture up while claiming she might not report child abuse? As you said - ugh.
7 years ago Joe was the VP. Was he in charge of the border like his VP is? He may or may not have been involved in border policies.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:58 pm
Francee89 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:43 pm

7 years ago Joe was the VP. Was he in charge of the border like his VP is? He may or may not have been involved in border policies.
His lawyer didn’t say he came to the United States 7 years ago, just that he’s lived in Columbus for 7 years.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:38 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:36 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:13 pm So this apparently falls into the things that didn't happen for $1,000 catagory.
It’s not your fault you repeated misinformation when the AG of Ohio publicly doubted it.
And Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota Tweeted-

A week ago,
@DanaBashCNN
tried to trap me with a story about a 10-year old girl who got an abortion. I pointed out that nobody was asking about the pervert who raped that child.

Now it looks like the story was fake to begin with. Literal #FakeNews from the liberal media.
Quote Tweet

I hope these politicians have the decency to apologize.

I think it’s pretty disgusting to jump at this story as fake and use it as some sort of “gotcha”. As if we don’t know that childhood rape happens, unfortunately way too often, and girls can start their menstrual cycles as early as 8.
I know. These tragedies happen all the time. I hope they aren’t going to start censoring the news so these stories don’t get out.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:54 pm

I still question the timing of things. I think it’s possible that she’s being used to further an agenda. I sincerely hope not, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Questions I have are why if the pregnancy was reported June 22nd but the abortion performed June 30th? Was she 6 weeks 3 days on June 22nd or the 30th? If the latter, then she would have been less than 6 weeks the 22nd and wouldn’t have needed to go to Indiana. Why are we just now finding out almost a month later about the rape, especially when the suspect confessed. Why was he just arrested on Tuesday? Why did the doctor who did the abortion feel the need to publicize this?

The guy is scum who should rot in hell. It sounds like he may have lived with her family.
Clark Torbett, an attorney with the Franklin County Public Defender’s office, said it was unconstitutional to hold Fuentes without bond, especially with DNA confirmation of the pregnancy’s father still pending.

He said Fuentes had lived in Columbus for the last seven years and had a steady job at a café. He also had an address where he could live that was not at the same location as the 10-year-old.

In other words you can’t admit that Fox News spread lies through interviews and reporting. Now they are deflecting because the man is not from here as if that has anything to do with it.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:48 pm
DSamuels wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:54 pm

In other words you can’t admit that Fox News spread lies through interviews and reporting. Now they are deflecting because the man is not from here as if that has anything to do with it.
They questioned a one source story that not even liberal favorite snopes could confirm. I question the motives of the doctor who performed the abortion making it public. I also question why the abortion was the main story instead of the rape, which according to his confession happened more than once. If she hadn’t gotten pregnant would it still be happening to her?

Locked Previous topicNext topic