As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana forOn Monday three days after the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, took a call from a colleague, a child abuse doctor in Ohio.

Hours after the Supreme Court action, the Buckeye state had outlawed any abortion after six weeks. Now this doctor had a 10-year-old patient in the office who was six weeks and three days pregnant.

Could Bernard help?"

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/202 ... 788415001/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

10 years old 😢
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:41 pm 10 years old 😢
Ikr? Terrible.
306/232

cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s just fucken sick on all levels. That poor child.
I hope she gets that abortion and lots io therapy ; and the POS who did this to her rots in prison.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wonder if we will get to the level that Brazil has. A 10 year old was raped in her own home. Her family brought her to court to request an abortion. It was denied and the judge ordered her detained, away from her family because they wanted her to have the abortion.
I don’t remember the middle sequence but she did get the abortion at 7 months along. She had turned 11 years old.. The judge asked the child if she wanted to have the baby and she said no. The judge told her she could name the child. She also brought up the father of the baby having rights.

Bolsonaro weighed in and said she never should have had the abortion so far along. Even though it was the government who dragged it out. Bolsonaro, their far right president, is supported by the evangelical Christians in Brazil.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I wish I could say that I am shocked and not use to hearing stories like this but I can’t. I really hope that a better life is placed at that baby’s feet
since so many adults failed her.

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

This is disgusting.

One thing I don't understand is that Ohio abortion law states that "abortion is prohibited except when there is serious risk of death or substantial impairment of a major bodily function." If being pregnant at 10 years old is not considered "serious risk", what is?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is this TRULY what the SCOTUS intended when it returned the decision to the States?
306/232

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:31 am Is this TRULY what the SCOTUS intended when it returned the decision to the States?
I believe that is was the intention.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:31 am Is this TRULY what the SCOTUS intended when it returned the decision to the States?
Yes.

Red states have been stating for years what they would do if RvW were overturned and now they are doing it. The conservative members of SCOTUS knew exactly what would happen.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic