We are leaving the US

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yep. Now's the time. Well it's really been the time for awhile but I can't ignore it anymore.

I just accepted a job where I have always wanted to live. DH is transferring offices to the same country. He will have to take a demotion and a pay cut but it will be worth it overall.

I will not live in a place where I could not terminate a pregnancy as needed. As someone who has had to do it once already just to save my life, I will not risk it.

The plan is to work hard, get citizenship, and renounce our US citizenship ASAP even though that will probably be impossible in this day in age.

I've talked about leaving for a few months and no one believed me. Well it's happening and I can't be anymore scared or excited.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Cool story bro. Where ya moving? What kind of jobs do y'all have?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You found, went through the hiring process, and accepted a job, and got a transfer for your husband in one day? Trust me, I take the massive loss to humans rights that took place yesterday very seriously, it’s going to hurt a lot of people. But it seems like it would be much easier to just move to a state where abortion is not being threatened rather than moving out of the country…
Anonymous 3

Unread post

All in 1 day! Wow! You are a go getter!!
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

That’s impressive. Even in a world where teachers are leaving the classroom in droves it has taken me since mid May to secure a position in my boys district. So for you to make a continental move in less than 12 hours that is impressive.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My daughter and her husband let me know that they are leaving the US. I'm heartbroken but I get it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:18 am Cool story bro. Where ya moving? What kind of jobs do y'all have?
I'm a midwife. DH is in marketing.

We are moving to Norway.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:00 am You found, went through the hiring process, and accepted a job, and got a transfer for your husband in one day? Trust me, I take the massive loss to humans rights that took place yesterday very seriously, it’s going to hurt a lot of people. But it seems like it would be much easier to just move to a state where abortion is not being threatened rather than moving out of the country…
Of course it hasn't been just in a day. This has been months and years in the making. I would rather get out entirely.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

At least you chose a new subject to write about vs the BM is a mess and SD hates her route. 👍
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My husband has already sent a letter saying he is moving his business out of the US as well.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Locked Previous topicNext topic