What is the longest

Anonymous 1

Unread post

amount of time you have lived in the same place (including childhood)? And where was it..like a house or a condo or apartment and if a house, what kind..a fixer upper or brand new? I have never lived anywhere longer than 7 years until this house we are in now and it's been over 18 years and it was a major fixer upper and things we had to do to it, some of the things need redone. I am ready to build something new..never done that before. What about you?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

16 years in our current house. It was brand new when we purchased it. We will stay here definitely for 5 more years. Then we plan on moving to the next town over to be in walking distance to the ocean.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you count childhood I lived in the same house growing up for 20 years. As an adult the longest has been 11 years in our current house and we have no intentions of moving.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That sounds nice to be close to the ocean!! The closest ocean to us is 10 hours.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:30 pm 16 years in our current house. It was brand new when we purchased it. We will stay here definitely for 5 more years. Then we plan on moving to the next town over to be in walking distance to the ocean.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yes I edited my post to include childhood. I moved around a lot as a kid so being in this house for so long, I'm getting antsy and wanting to move but this is the only house my kids have known.
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:32 pm If you count childhood I lived in the same house growing up for 20 years. As an adult the longest has been 11 years in our current house and we have no intentions of moving.
PrincessLaLa
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The longest I've spent is 6 years in one house, and 5 years in another. Neither were brand new, but were in decent shape. I just moved 8 months ago and plan to stay here indefinitely.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I've been in my current house for almost 5 years and that's the longest I've ever lived in one home (I'm 57). I joke that they're going to have to carry me out in a pine box! Built in 1869, it is definitely a fixer upper and it's going to take me years to get it "fixed" but that's okay.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This house I am currently living in almost 30 years. Plan on staying here for as long as possible.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As a child, 12 years…as an adult, we’ve been in this house for about 4 years now. I think it is the longest we’ve been in a house so far.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:27 pm amount of time you have lived in the same place (including childhood)? And where was it..like a house or a condo or apartment and if a house, what kind..a fixer upper or brand new? I have never lived anywhere longer than 7 years until this house we are in now and it's been over 18 years and it was a major fixer upper and things we had to do to it, some of the things need redone. I am ready to build something new..never done that before. What about you?
18 years in the same house (c.1922) during childhood. 32 years at my current place. The original house we tore down and built new in 2009.
Locked Previous topicNext topic