The waitress was fired for serving alcohol to a minor.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So I want to tell you guys what happened last night and let me know what you think about this scenario.

A table orders a virgin Pina colada for a 15 year old boy. Instead of a virgin Pina colada, turns out the bartender messed up and added liquor when the ticket clearly said virgin. Not having any way of marking virgin versus alcohol, the ticket is under the one Pina colada on the bar. The server brings the drink and the boy takes one sip and says "eeww this has alcohol in it"!

Turns out he was correct. The bartender messed up and the server took it to the table. This is absolutely unacceptable and should NEVER have happened!! The mother is extremely angry. The server who served the drink and I was fired on the spot.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Oh the horror! Seriously the mother is way overreacting. After the kid took the sip and said EW I would have laughed and not even mentioned it to anyone to get her or the bartender fired. Get the kid the right drink and move on.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lol and here Germans are bringing a smaller glass of beer to the child whenever the parent orders one anyways…
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

It was an honest mistake. A big one but still a mistake.

Makes me wonder how angry the Mom gets over far more serious issues?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

What a ridiculous thing to get someone fired over.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Give me a break. What a total overreaction.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Big overreaction but there should be a way to mark virgin drinks. Our favorite local place puts a sparkly toothpick thing in virgin drinks.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I always ordered virgin adult drinks knowing that adding alcohol is an easy mistake to make. If it’s that serious, the customer shouldn’t have ordered it or checked to make sure there was no alcohol before letting her son drink it.

I see why some businesses don’t do it anymore because that makes more sense than firing employees for an understandable mistake. This is ridiculous.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:30 am Lol and here Germans are bringing a smaller glass of beer to the child whenever the parent orders one anyways…
Right? When we lived in Germany, my mom and her best friend took me on a pub crawl when I was 13. I drank soda mainly (Fanta was my jam) but the bartenders offered me smaller glasses of whatever my mom and her friend were having. I had a lot of fun and nobody got stupid.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It was an honest mistake and the mother & employer should have calmed their F***ing tits.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic