We had our first death since the trigger laws went into effect

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A girl came in with an ectopic pregnancy and some pain. The team of doctors had to work with legal to see what could or couldn't be done and how to handle the situation.

The girl's tube ruptured and she didn't make it through surgery.

It's disgusting. It's a shame. And it's going to become normal.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What state do you live in?
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

I would think that given the emergent situation that an ectopic is and how it's outside of the scope of an abortion, there would have been no question on what had to be done.

I'm assuming this is a hospital or is it an office location?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:07 pm I would think that given the emergent situation that an ectopic is and how it's outside of the scope of an abortion, there would have been no question on what had to be done.

I honestly don't know of any state where abortion isn't legal if the mother's life is at risk. I'm not saying there couldn't be something I missed, so that's why I'm asking where she is. Life being at risk isn't the only reason why a woman shouldn't be allowed to have an abortion, but that is the one area that all states have been in agreeance of even in states like Utah as far as I have seen.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:07 pm I would think that given the emergent situation that an ectopic is and how it's outside of the scope of an abortion, there would have been no question on what had to be done.

Methotrexate is something that is very controversial on if it will be legal to use or not. That was the main issue. When it ruptured she was rushed to surgery and they couldn't get her back.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Where is abortion not legal to save a mother's life?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:56 pm Where is abortion not legal to save a mother's life?
Methotrexate was the problem.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

where? If you're going to rile the masses, at least tell the full story...
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I’m sorry but I call bs on this.

Methotrexate doesn’t immediately end the tubal pregnancy. Not can take up to a week for the fetus to pass. So if she arrived in ER already I. Pain she would have been taken to the OR immediately. Do not pass to, do not talk to legal, remove the tube and move on.

The pot is already stirred and boiling there is no need to rule the masses further.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:49 pm

Methotrexate is something that is very controversial on if it will be legal to use or not. That was the main issue. When it ruptured she was rushed to surgery and they couldn't get her back.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:04 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:56 pm Where is abortion not legal to save a mother's life?
Methotrexate was the problem.
Maybe your hospitals legal team should figure this out before anyone else dies. But as someone who knows nothing about this drug what could it have done that surgery couldn't to save this woman? I've had a couple of friends who had tubed removed from tubal pregnancies and they said the meds don't work once it's an emergency situation so they didn't even get them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic