What is something odd that you are afraid of?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn’t say I’m afraid but puppets in movies make me feel very uncomfortable. That’s why I don’t like movies like labyrinth. I’m also paranoid about leaving a door unlocked or a heat source accidentally on (like an oven/stovetop/toaster etc.) so I check them all before bed every night.
My husband has controlled chronic anxiety. They used to think that he had OCD, but it’s not as much compulsions as it is intrusive thoughts that he can rationalize and control. So there’s a lot of odd things that he is “scared” of, but he understands that he it isn’t a logical fear. Like when he picks a random m&m from a bowl, it makes him very uncomfortable when it’s a color other than blue because his brain associates the other colors with unpleasant things like red to blood, green to infection, etc. and it makes him feel like it’s a sign of something bad. But he logically understands that colors of m&ms don’t actually affect anything and he is able to just eat it and move on. Some things he’s more anxious about, like he can’t sleep with a door open in the room.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I have the same fear! When I was really young one of our neighbor's daughters was killed in a terrible accident. I don't know how many of the details I heard was true and how much was rumor, but I know a log coming loose was the cause. I didn't know her, but it was a small town and a big topic of conversation.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:54 pm Riding/driving behind logging trucks. Not because of the movie but because I've seen that shit happen in real life.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:35 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:26 pm This one is not as bad as it used to be: Someone crawling out from under my bed and chopping my feet off at the ankles. I used to have to check under my bed multiple times. It also contributed to insomnia because I really don’t like my feet covered but that irrational fear made it difficult to fall asleep without my feet covered😕

Confined crowed spaces.

House fires. I unplug anything unnecessary before bed or leaving the house. I won’t leave the house on holidays that have increased firework activity in our area.
I thought I was the only one who had the fear of someone chopping/biting off my feet. If I wake up in the night and discover one of my feet is uncovered I can't sleep the rest of the night thinking about what could have happened. (yes, I realize that 's completely irrational)
No, you are not alone. I’ve had it since I was really young. Years ago I tried to research it but none of the terms really were correct and I’ve never figured out where it stems from.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:18 pm I wouldn’t say I’m afraid but puppets in movies make me feel very uncomfortable. That’s why I don’t like movies like labyrinth. I’m also paranoid about leaving a door unlocked or a heat source accidentally on (like an oven/stovetop/toaster etc.) so I check them all before bed every night.
My husband has controlled chronic anxiety. They used to think that he had OCD, but it’s not as much compulsions as it is intrusive thoughts that he can rationalize and control. So there’s a lot of odd things that he is “scared” of, but he understands that he it isn’t a logical fear. Like when he picks a random m&m from a bowl, it makes him very uncomfortable when it’s a color other than blue because his brain associates the other colors with unpleasant things like red to blood, green to infection, etc. and it makes him feel like it’s a sign of something bad. But he logically understands that colors of m&ms don’t actually affect anything and he is able to just eat it and move on. Some things he’s more anxious about, like he can’t sleep with a door open in the room.
What about Sesame Street?

I do have OCD. I won’t eat blue or red m&ms. Not a fear, I don’t like them. I know they have absolutely no difference in taste or texture. It’s not even a red or blue thing. I just irrationally don’t like red or blue m&ms.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Clowns and old dolls.

Heights, rollercoasters, flying.... anything where my feet are not on the ground.

Cracking thunder.....we get that here and it can be exceptionally loud.

The dark. I feel claustrophobic.

Spiders and killing the venomous ones make me feel like Zena. 💪🏋️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don’t think I have any odd fears, mine are fairly common, I think. I’m a proud arachnophobic, but it’s more directed towards scorpions, not that I like spiders either. I check my bed before going to sleep and my shoes before putting them on.
And I hate heights. My parents recently moved to an apartment on an 8th floor and I can’t look out the window.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Frogs and some patterns of holes or bumps close together. 😫😫😫😫😫
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:54 pm Riding/driving behind logging trucks. Not because of the movie but because I've seen that shit happen in real life.
I stay away from those too!
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:01 pm Clowns and old dolls.

Heights, rollercoasters, flying.... anything where my feet are not on the ground.

Cracking thunder.....we get that here and it can be exceptionally loud.

The dark. I feel claustrophobic.

Spiders and killing the venomous ones make me feel like Zena. 💪🏋️
I forgot to add flying, and spiders to my list.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Elevators.

I avoid them at all costs.