Anyone skipping the festivities?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was watching the video of another American terrorist act. Saw the kids in the band playing and marching down the street then suddenly running for their lives. I marched in so many parades as a kid. So sad.

I have no interest in going out to see and hear fireworks tonight. So glad my youngest hates them so she didn’t want to go anyway.

But apparently a MAGA GOP candidate named Darren Ailey thinks it’s our duty to move on and celebrate.
The shooter is still at large, so let’s pray for justice to prevail and then let’s move on. Let’s celebrate the independence of this nation,” Bailey said in the video, surrounded by supporters holding up “Fire Pritzker” signs. Bailey will face Democratic incumbent J.B. Pritzker in the November election.
Pray and move on already says the winner of the governor primary in Illinois . This might just be the new plan for the GOP. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... D3HYXNKCY4
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yup. My kids are older and I’m not a parade person. And I don’t like crowds.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Honestly, I forgot it was the 4th of July today when I was meal planning...just planning in general. We had two separate family birthday parties here over the weekend and today, we're just barbecuing. Future DIL and son want to watch Independence Day as a family and she bought fireworks for later tonight.

I think it's an American citizen's right to do whatever they want to today.

That right was torn to pieces in Chicago. 😟😔
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We had a busy weekend. Friday we were at a MLB game, yesterday we spent the day at the lake, today we ran errands. I’m in for the night now. No because of fear but because I need a day…
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There isn’t any parades here because of construction, and I’m not about to go into Knoxville on the Fourth of July. They had one in our county yesterday but it’s around a 45 minute drive from us. My son freaks out with loud noises anyway. We don’t mind celebrating but the odds were against us this year.

We go to bed with the chickens anyway.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We typically go see fireworks over the lake, but I’ve spent most of the day with a migraine. A cousin of mine passed away Friday night, and with everything else that’s been going over the last few weeks have me slightly depressed. There’s no festivities for us. We did eat some hotdogs for supper though.

Pray and move on? He sounds like a real peach.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:08 pm We typically go see fireworks over the lake, but I’ve spent most of the day with a migraine. A cousin of mine passed away Friday night, and with everything else that’s been going over the last few weeks have me slightly depressed. There’s no festivities for us. We did eat some hotdogs for supper though.

I’m sorry for you and your family’s loss.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have 4 dogs, I don’t go out on the 4th of July. Roxy and Kneesaa don’t mind the fireworks, Barkley gets a little anxious but not too bad, but Sheera is terrified of them and that causes the other 3 to whine and howl:/ I’ve been working with her and she’s made some improvements but still a long way to go. Plus, I’m terrified of house fires and when it comes to some of my neighbors, they aren’t the most intelligent and will set them off in the dry grass🤦🏼‍♀️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:08 pm We typically go see fireworks over the lake, but I’ve spent most of the day with a migraine. A cousin of mine passed away Friday night, and with everything else that’s been going over the last few weeks have me slightly depressed. There’s no festivities for us. We did eat some hotdogs for supper though.

I’m so sorry for your loss and hope that you feel better.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:01 pm Honestly, I forgot it was the 4th of July today when I was meal planning...just planning in general. We had two separate family birthday parties here over the weekend and today, we're just barbecuing. Future DIL and son want to watch Independence Day as a family and she bought fireworks for later tonight.

I think it's an American citizen's right to do whatever they want to today.

That right was torn to pieces in Chicago. 😟😔
Are you referencing the Highland Park, IL, mass shooting when you say "Chicago" ? Highland Park about 25 miles north of Chicago, and one of the 10 wealthiest communities in the USA. It so has higher than average property values, education levels, and is 95% white with a large Jewish community.

Chicago has plenty of its own problems with gun violence but this event did not happen in Chicago.
Locked Previous topicNext topic