Trump lunged at Secret Service agent who said he couldn't go to Capitol on January 6: aide

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:30 am
Carpy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:23 pm Not to mention the fact that it would be impossible for him to do in the Limo and this testimony was hearsay, but most likely just say with no hear involved.
It’s not court and she was clear that someone was told her the story. And he wasn’t in a limo, he was in a Suburban with bucket seats.
Interesting that at least 2 SS agents who were actually present in the vehicle are denying her account. They are offering to testify. I wonder if the committee will accept. I think the one she said told her the story is denying he told her also.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Typical to get caught up in the minutiae of a story that was acknowledged from the start to be at least a second-hand story, and completely overlook the relevant testimony provided.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:20 pm
Carpy wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:23 pm Not to mention the fact that it would be impossible for him to do in the Limo and this testimony was hearsay, but most likely just say with no hear involved.
It’s not court and she was clear that someone was told her the story. And he wasn’t in a limo, he was in a Suburban with bucket seats.
Interesting that at least 2 SS agents who were actually present in the vehicle are denying her account. They are offering to testify. I wonder if the committee will accept. I think the one she said told her the story is denying he told her also.
Denying A PART of her account. Let's be truthful here.

"Both Bobby Engel, the top agent on Trump's Secret Service detail who was in the car, and Ornato, who was not in the car, testified to the January 6 Committee in private over the past year, the source close to Ornato said.

Engel and Ornato never brought up part about steering wheel, according to that source. Both want to testify on the record again and refute the part about Trump grabbing or trying to grab the wheel. The driver of the SUV, who is unnamed, will also cooperate with the committee.

A source close to the USSS says Hutchinson was truthful when she said that Trump was furious inside the SUV. Trump did want to go to the Capitol on January 6 and was yelling and shouting. However, the steering wheel part is false, per this source."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tony-o ... nt-sources
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:26 pm Typical to get caught up in the minutiae of a story that was acknowledged from the start to be at least a second-hand story, and completely overlook the relevant testimony provided.

I don’t think having a conversation about it as getting “caught up” in pettiness or that means people don’t want to discuss other relevant testimony provided.

This is just the article that I posted and people are commenting on it.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:44 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:26 pm Typical to get caught up in the minutiae of a story that was acknowledged from the start to be at least a second-hand story, and completely overlook the relevant testimony provided.

I don’t think having a conversation about it as getting “caught up” in pettiness or that means people don’t want to discuss other relevant testimony provided.

True, it did stand out in the testimony. I think the problem is some people (not here) get their news from talk radio host and that’s all they will discuss. If you didn’t read the full story and only heard this you would think she’s a flake.

Probably a mistake to include that in her testimony because the guy who told her could have exaggerated. Or these SS agents need their jobs and don’t want trouble.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They need to clarify it. People can exaggerate or lie plus she wasn’t there. But, please. You can’t picture him doing that?
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:10 pm

They need to clarify it. People can exaggerate or lie plus she wasn’t there. But, please. You can’t picture him doing that?
Actually no, I can’t picture him doing that.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:38 pm

"Both Bobby Engel, the top agent on Trump's Secret Service detail who was in the car, and Ornato, who was not in the car, testified to the January 6 Committee in private over the past year, the source close to Ornato said.

Engel and Ornato never brought up part about steering wheel, according to that source. Both want to testify on the record again and refute the part about Trump grabbing or trying to grab the wheel. The driver of the SUV, who is unnamed, will also cooperate with the committee.

A source close to the USSS says Hutchinson was truthful when she said that Trump was furious inside the SUV. Trump did want to go to the Capitol on January 6 and was yelling and shouting. However, the steering wheel part is false, per this source."

So you’re accusing me of lying? Nice. But then your last sentence is what I said. SMH

What she described that was being talked about was him grabbing the steering wheel and lunging at an agent. The SS agents present have said it never happened. I wasn’t talking about him being angry or shouting, nor was it part of the tree I was quoting.

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:58 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:38 pm

So you’re accusing me of lying? Nice. But then your last sentence is what I said. SMH

What she described that was being talked about was him grabbing the steering wheel and lunging at an agent. The SS agents present have said it never happened. I wasn’t talking about him being angry or shouting, nor was it part of the tree I was quoting.
Nope. IF I'm accusing you of anything,it would be ignoring the reality of her testimony as a whole. That was my point. You are focusing so hard on what may be untruthful without saying anything about the fact that Secret Service isn't denying anything about the facts about Trump's actions that day.

Like I said, let's be truthful here.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:08 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:44 pm

True, it did stand out in the testimony. I think the problem is some people (not here) get their news from talk radio host and that’s all they will discuss. If you didn’t read the full story and only heard this you would think she’s a flake.

Probably a mistake to include that in her testimony because the guy who told her could have exaggerated. Or these SS agents need their jobs and don’t want trouble.
I haven’t checked the news today but I haven’t heard a lot lot of unreasonable mess about this on blogs, talk radio, etc.
Locked Previous topicNext topic