OPINION: Women will thrive in a post-Roe world

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"The Supreme Court has given state legislatures permission to protect the unborn and promote a culture of life. But this historic decision won’t end the circumstances that drive women to seek abortion. Some women will still fear that abortion is their only option. These women need financial, material and other resources, as well as the unequivocal life-affirming support of American churches and social agencies.

The pro-life community must seize this opportunity to demonstrate that abortion is a false answer to a real difficulty, that choosing life is the answer and that pro-life policies going forward will set the conditions for women and their babies to truly flourish."

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-right ... roe-world/

Let's see what they actually do for women and children.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Women die in childbirth.
Embarrassingly often for a first world country.
f**k ANYONE who thinks they can make that decision for other women, and I'll get DAMN VIOLENT to anyone who gets in the way.
In going to start a movement to get a vial of blood from every woman who dies during a birth they didn't want to go through so we can stain the steps of their homes with the blood of the women they killed.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:04 am Women die in childbirth.
f**k ANYONE who thinks they can make that decision for other women, and I'll get DAMN VIOLENT to anyone who gets in the way.
In going to start a movement to get a vial of blood from every woman who dies during a birth they didn't want to go through so we can stain the steps of their homes with the blood of the women they killed.
Holy shyte, I hope you don't mean that literally. That's not going to solve anything.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:08 am
Holy shyte, I hope you don't mean that literally. That's not going to solve anything.
I mean that literal as f**k.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’ll believe it when I see it. With the way things are right now, I just don’t see that happening at least not anytime soon.
But life and love are countercultural on too many parts of the right. In a time of hate and death, too many members of pro-life America are contributing to both phenomena. Is that too much to say? Is that too strong? I don’t think so.

In deep-red America, a wave of performative and punitive legislation is sweeping the land. In the abortion context, bounty-hunting laws in Texas, Idaho, and Oklahoma turn citizens against each other, incentivizing lawsuits even by people who haven’t been harmed by abortion. The pro-life movement, once solidly against prosecuting women who obtain abortions, is now split by an “abolitionist” wing that would not only impose criminal penalties on mothers, it even calls into questions legal protections for the life of the mother when a pregnancy is physically perilous.

The culture of political engagement centers around animosity. Church and family life is being transformed, congregation by congregation, household by household, by argument and division. The Dobbs ruling has landed in the midst of a sick culture, and the pro-life right is helping make it sick.
https://frenchpress.thedispatch.com/p/r ... right-isnt
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I just spit out my coffee.

Thanks, Thelma

States who have been establishing ever increasing restrictions on abortion access have not done so in conjunction with increasing programs to assist women and children so not thinking they are magically going to start now.

A true pro-life agenda would include expansion of welfare benefits, free school lunches, single payer healthcare, free college, well funded public schools, free childcare, protection of LGBTQ+ rights, and a whole myriad of other items that red states seem loathe to do.

And even IF these policies were put into place, NO WOMAN SHOULD BE FORCED TO CARRY A PREGNANCY.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:11 am
I understand the outrage TBH. The government isn’t giving women much of a choice but to take drastic measures to fight back.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:30 am

I understand the outrage TBH. The government isn’t giving women much of a choice but to take drastic measures to fight back.
If we look at any other struggle for rights, whether it was women voting, civil rights, ect, none of it came from talking kindly to the oppression.
They don't give a shit until they have no choice.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:35 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:30 am

If we look at any other struggle for rights, whether it was women voting, civil rights, ect, none of it came from talking kindly to the oppression.
They don't give a shit until they have no choice.
None of it.

I agree. When oppression gets to the extreme of forcing an 11 year old little girl to have babies by the men who abused them….it’s time to fight bitches as far as I’m concerned.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The pro-life community will never do that because they.are.not.pro.life. Full stop.
They are only pro-control and pro-forced birth.

If they were truly pro-life they would ALREADY be increasing programs to assist and protect women and children.
Locked Previous topicNext topic