South Carolina's fetal heartbeat law now in effect, judge rules

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

COLUMBIA, S.C. —
South Carolina's Fetal Heartbeat Act is now in effect after the U.S. District Court of South Carolina stayed the injunction that was blocking implementation of the law, according to South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson.

“The Heartbeat Law is now in effect. Once Roe v. Wade was overturned by the Supreme Court, the decision on legally protecting the lives of unborn babies was returned to the states, so there was no longer any basis for blocking South Carolina’s Heartbeat Law,” Wilson said. “Our state is now carrying out a government’s most sacred and fundamental duty, protecting life.”

https://www.wyff4.com/article/south-car ... s/40437633
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sales of Plan B will sky rocket. Or will it be banned too?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:44 am Sales of Plan B will sky rocket. Or will it be banned too?
Plan B will help some women, especially those who have been raped. But it's not an option for most women who become unintentionally pregnant.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Misoprostal is also prescribed for stomach ulcers, and to protect the stomach lining.

There might me a large influx of women with those issues if there are compassionate doctors out there.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Saw life of the mother was an exception, and was curious. This is how the bill defines it:

“‘Medical emergency' means a condition that, by any reasonable medical judgment, so complicates the medical condition of a pregnant woman that it necessitates the immediate abortion of her pregnancy to avert her death…”, while the penalty for performing an abortion outside of those circumstances being “a felony and, upon conviction, must be fined ten thousand dollars, imprisoned not more than two years, or both”.

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess124_20 ... ills/1.htm

Just what everyone wants factoring into their care in a medical emergency, right? Your doctor worrying that if their medical judgement doesn’t meet the vague standard of “reasonable”, they’ll become a felon facing prosecution, fines and imprisonment. And that doesn’t even touch on the fact that this doesn’t include any health exceptions, so a woman who wants an earlier abortion due to a complication will apparently need to wait until she’s close enough to death for the doctor to feel comfortable proceeding. Because Republicans love small government?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That sound you’re hearing is a lot of women heading to Florida…
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:46 pm That sound you’re hearing is a lot of women heading to Florida…
For now. Has DeSantis said anything about changing it from 15 weeks?
306/232

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:55 pm
Pjmm wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:46 pm That sound you’re hearing is a lot of women heading to Florida…
For now. Has DeSantis said anything about changing it from 15 weeks?
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/2 ... g-00042333

Pro choice activists already challenging the 15 week deal in the courts. Frankly I think DeSantis should leave it as it is. If there has to be a compromise allow abortions up to the age of viability unless in extreme cases. But he’s talking vaguely of changing it. I don’t think he cares so much about abortion as what will get him to the White House.
Locked Previous topicNext topic