Man shoots employees because he hated his sandwich

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:53 pm A sane person doesn’t kill another person over mayonnaise, so yes mental health is a major part in this. But, that’s why we need much stronger gun regulations, to keep them out of the hands of those who shouldn’t have them. And more resources put toward mental health.
No. You are wrong. This isn't a mental health issue. Before this guy walked into this Subway he was an ordinary person just like you and me. Yes, just like you and me. Maybe under a lot of stress in his life (and who of us isn't). Perhaps having a really bad day. But one little thing caused him to snap and because the gun was at the ready to grab he ended up using it to express his rage and it cost someone else their life.

It does no good to look at these people as "them". "Oh, they're mentally ill, they're not like me. Oh, they're an evil monster, they're not like me." To easy to distance ourselves and then we don't address the real issue. You know how they say anyone can shake a baby in a moment of distress and cause shaken baby syndrome? Anyone, even a loving parent, can be guilty of committing this crime. Same thing. Any one of us, heaped with enough stress and rage, and armed with a firearm, can commit this kind of shooting. To deny otherwise is to be part of the problem.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just saw this on my newsfeed on FB from the local news..

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/atlant ... ihL7Mn1Ib8
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic