OPINION: Women will thrive in a post-Roe world

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

This reminds me of a conversation I had right before Mother's Day this year with my 83 year old, old-time gospel believing Mom regarding the THEN idea that ROE v Wade might be overturned.

She said she approved of it being overturned and that the "good, Christian women" could then help a young woman through her pregnancy despite having wanted to abort.

When I asked what resources these good Christian women have that the good Atheist women don't have access to, she got annoyed.

I love her to pieces but after she claimed decades ago that she had to go to Mexico for an abortion during the 1960's, I have a hard time with her on this subject.
PrincessLaLa
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

In a perfect, world, sure. But in the real world, not everyone should have children, and not everyone who falls pregnant wants to.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I'm so angry and raging. There are limited birth control methods that are agreeable to evangelicals - barrier methods, abstinence, and sterilization. A government that can force a woman to carry a pregnancy can also force a woman to be sterilized. It's not that far a stretch. Women losing body autonomy has consequences. What do you think is going to happen in states that want to end abortion to increase the adoption pipeline (make no mistake it's white babies they want) when the pipeline is full of Black and brown babies?

Saw a tweet this morning from China condemning the loss of Roe v. Wade and I was like, dudes, you all had the forced one child rule! It's just two sides of the same coin.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This op ed glosses over the fact that our society is in no way prepared to help those who will be forced to gestate to term. No real assistance. Relying on churches and charity goes only so far. We need expanded resources to help cover housing, food, medical care, childcare, etc. All those pesky programs people bitch about the poor using. Well, those systems are already struggling and the changes in abortion laws will burden them even further, if not shatter them. The author also fails to acknowledge just how debilitating and traumatic pregnancy and birth can be even when you want it.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:52 am unequivocal life-affirming support of American churches
The same churches who have campaigned so bravely against the death penalty?
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:59 pm Relying on churches and charity goes only so far. We need expanded resources to help cover housing, food, medical care, childcare, etc. All those pesky programs people bitch about the poor using.
What self-respecting Republican politician would be seen dead caring about the poor?

Just as long as they can afford to drive their inconveniently pregnant daughters and mistresses a few thousand miles to take a holiday in a town that just happens to contain the nearest legal abortion provider, it's no skin off their noses. The poor should obviously work harder...
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:12 pm
Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:59 pm Relying on churches and charity goes only so far. We need expanded resources to help cover housing, food, medical care, childcare, etc. All those pesky programs people bitch about the poor using.
What self-respecting Republican politician would be seen dead caring about the poor?

Just as long as they can afford to drive their inconveniently pregnant daughters and mistresses a few thousand miles to take a holiday in a town that just happens to contain the nearest legal abortion provider, it's no skin off their noses. The poor should obviously work harder...
I know....they don't give a damn. Got to hear first hand how much they cherish "life". Cheering that abortion is being banned across half the country, but when you ask about how all those babies are gonna be cared for, they say "Not my problem or responsibility."
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic