Is this original content?

Locked Previous topicNext topic
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

If you take someone's comment and turn it into a meme would you call that original content created by you yourself?

I'm just laughing because I help to run a Harry Potter Facebook page. Another page messaged mine and threatened to have us shut down for "stealing" public content that had no watermark, etc from their page.

One of the other admins did some digging and found out that the person who messaged me is basically taking comments from Reddit about HP, putting them on a HP pic, then calling it her own original content.

They don't own the pics either. The ones in question were stills from the movies that they slapped another person's comment on and called it their own original content.
Anonymous 1

I don't know much about FB or meme etiquette, but I thought the whole point of memes was to share them for everyone to share in the humor? You'd think they'd be happy the stuff they "made" was making rounds.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:51 pm I don't know much about FB or meme etiquette, but I thought the whole point of memes was to share them for everyone to share in the humor? You'd think they'd be happy the stuff they "made" was making rounds.
Exactly. I've personally created HP content that I shared and was re-shared. I didn't care cause the whole point is to share content.
Anonymous 2

Memes are protected under copyright laws.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:43 am Memes are protected under copyright laws.
Yes but the author needs to apply for it.
My son told me it’s proper etiquette to credit the meme’s author if known. At least don’t take credit for what you haven’t created.
Locked Previous topicNext topic